USA Cycling announced today the thirty-one athletes that will represent the United States at the 2018 UCI Cyclocross World Championships set for Feb. 3-4 2018 in Valkenburg-Limburg, Netherlands.
“We have assembled a talented team and look forward to competing against the world’s best cyclocross athletes at the World Championships on the hallowed and challenging Valkenburg circuit in cycling-crazy Limburg,” said Geoff Proctor, USA Cycling’s Cyclocross Performance Consultant.
Twelve of the thirty-one spots were filled through automatic selection criteria. The remaining selections were made by the USA Cycling selection committee who considered primarily international competition results, namely World Cups and Pan Am Championships, but also domestic results, head to head results, and nationals performances in their decisions.
2018 Cyclocross World Championship Team USA Roster:
- Tristan Cowie (Triple Oaks Racing; Mills River, N.C.)
- Stephen Hyde* (Cannondale p/b Cyclocrossworld; Easthampton, Mass.)
- Cody Kaiser (LangeTwins/Specialized Bicycles/SRAM; El Dorado Hills, Calif.)
- Jack Kisseberth (JAM Fund/NCC; Westhampton, Mass.)
- Tobin Ortinblad* (Santa Cruz/Donkey Label; Santa Cruz, Calif.)
- Jeremy Powers (Aspire Racing; Easthampton, Mass.)
- Kerry Werner* (Kona Endurance Team; Birdsboro, Penn.)
- Elle Anderson (Cycling.be – Alpha Motorhomes; Oakland, Calif.)
- Katie Compton* (KFC Racing p/b Trek/Panache; Colorado Springs, Colo.)
- Rebecca Fahringer (Stan’s No Tubes/Maxxis; Concord, N.H.)
- Kaitlin Keough* (Cannondale p/b Cyclocrossworld; Colorado Springs, Colo.)
- Courtenay McFadden (Pivot Cycles pb DNA Cycling; Bellingham, Wash.)
- Ellen Noble* (Aspire Racing; Kennebunkport, Maine)
- Eric Brunner (EVOL DevoElite Racing; Boulder, Colo.)
- Maxx Chance (EVOL DevoElite Racing; Boulder, Colo.)
- Grant Ellwood (Boulder Cycle Sport; Boulder, Colo.)
- Gage Hecht* (Alpha Bicycle Co.- Vista Subaru; Parker, Colo.)
- Spencer Petrov (ASPIRE Racing; Mason, Ohio)
- Denzel Stephenson (EVOL DevoElite Racing; Boulder, Colo.)
- Hannah Arensman (J.A. King p/b BR’C; Rutherford College, N.C.)
- Katie Clouse (Alpha Bicycle Co.-Groove Subaru; Park City, Utah)
- Clara Honsinger (Washington State Bicycle Association, Portland, OR)
- Laurel Rathbun (Donnelly Cycling; Monument, Colo.)
- Emma Swartz (Trek Cyclocross Collective; Madison, Wisc.)
- Emma White* (Cannondale p/b Cyclocrossworld; Delanson, N.Y)
- Scott Funston* (Rad Racing NW; Maple Valley, Wash.)
- Benjamin Gomez Villafane* (Top Club; Scotts Valley, Calif.)
- Lane Maher (Hot Tubes Development Cycling; Harwinton, Conn.)
- Alex Morton* (Cannondale p/b Cyclocrossworld; Saint Clair, Mich.)
- Sam Noel (Cannondale p/b Cyclocrossworld; Shelburne, Vt.)
- Calder Wood* (Rad Racing NW; Anacortes, Wash.)
Automatic qualifiers are noted with an asterisk (*).
U23 National Champion Chris Blevins (Specialized; Durango, Colo.) automatically qualified for the World Championships with his win on Jan. 14; however, the athlete declined the invitation.
The 2018 Cyclocross World Championships selection criteria are available below. As outlined in the selection criteria, not all athletes receive full funding.2018 USA Cycling World Championship Selection Criteria
If you would like to provide some assistance to U23 and Junior riders, please donate to the RallyMe fund here.
For more from Worlds, see our dedicated 2018 Cyclocross World Championships page.