Cyclocross Magazine’s fantasy cyclocross returns with our 2019 World Championships edition.
Show your international cyclocross knowledge by predicting the top seven finishers in the Elite Women’s and Elite Men’s races—and some bonus primes—for the chance to win some prizes from our generous sponsors.
How it Works
Scoring for our fantasy Worlds contest is similar to our Fantasy U.S. Nationals contest from December. Get 10 points for each podium finisher you pick correctly with a bonus for getting the positions correctly. Also get 10 points for each spot of 4th through 7th you get correctly. Two primes for each race are worth 5 points.
New this time around, each rider who outperforms your picks for 4th through 7th gets 5 points. For example, if you picked Christine Majerus 6th at 2018 Worlds, you would get 5 points since she finished 4th.
Full rules and the prizes are below the entry form.
Full start lists are available on the UCI website.
Fantasy Worlds Entry Form
Fantasy Worlds Rules
- One entry per person
- Entries accepted up until 7:00 a.m. EST on Saturday, February 2
- Pick one (1) rider for each finishing position for the two Elite races. Any rider picked twice will be invalidated for each spot.
- Contest winners will be those entries with the highest total scores
- The first tiebreaker will be closest to the total combined time gap for the two Elite races. The second tiebreaker is the highest score for podium positions. The third tiebreaker is following the prize sponsors on Instagram.
- Start lists are those posted by the UCI on Monday, January 28.
- Prizes can only be shipped to USA addresses but bragging rights are awarded to any participant!
10 points – Each podium finisher correctly picked
10 points – Each position 4th through 7th correctly picked
5 points – Each position 4th through 7th who outperforms your pick
30 points – Pick 1st correctly
20 points – Pick 2nd correctly
15 points – Pick 3rd correctly
5 points – Prime: Pick Lap 1 leader (first across line)
5 points – Prime: Pick finishing margin +/- 5 seconds (official timing)
Max score: 290 points
Now let’s get to the important stuff! Thank you to our generous sponsors who are making this year’s Fantasy Worlds possible.
We’ve got at least nine prizes waiting for our smart/lucky winners.
Top finishers will get their choice of several prizes. First gets first pick, second gets second, etc.
The prize list is (more might be added):
- Feedback Sports T-Handle Tool Kit
- Easton EC90 SLX carbon handlebar and Sanne Cant autographed flat brim cap
- Easton EA90 ICM Stem with Garmin Mount
- Easton EA90 seatpost
- Two Dean Bikes Prize Packs (Pint glass, hat, socks and shirt)
- Two Merlin Bikes Prize Packs (Pint glass, hat, shirt)
- One pair of Kenda cyclocross or gravel tires of your choice
Give these companies a follow on Instagram – it’s one of the tiebreakers:
Featured image: Jeff Curtes
Prizes up for grabs for our 2019 Cyclocross World Championships Fantasy Game: