KTM is an Austrian brand with a rich heritage in the motorcycling world. Cyclocross Magazine previously reviewed the company’s dedicated carbon cyclocross racer the Canic CXC and we found it to be a lightweight, capable ride. At this year’s Sea Otter Classic, KTM representatives were excited to show us one of the company’s latest carbon road bikes that is disc brake specific and can run tires as wide as 28c officially (unofficially, some slightly wider tires can fit).
Although not as purpose-built as other gravel offerings on the market, if your tendencies run more towards pavement riding with only the occasional grind in the gravel, the KTM Revelator Sky might be of interest to you.
Featuring KTM’s top of the line carbon monocoque frame, the Revelator Sky is paired with a KTM brand monocoque fork. To help keep thing stiff and tracking true, the bike runs a 15mm thru-axle up front and a 142x12mm axle in the rear.
As the top of the line in the Sky (disc brake) series, the Di2 Black version runs a Shimano Ultegra Di2 6870 compact 2×11 drivetrain. The stopping duties are handled by Shimano BR-R785 finned calipers with Ice Tech pads paired with Shimano RT99 CL Ice Tech rotors in 140mm size with cooling fins. DT Swiss R 23 Spline wheels are shod with Schwalbe ONE 700x25c tires.
The KTM Revelator comes in five sizes (49, 52, 55, 57 and 59cm) and is available now. Besides the $5,495 Revelator Sky Di2 Black model, there are also the Revelator Sky Orange (Ultegra) at $4,495 and the Revelator Sky Blue (Ultegra Di2/105) at $3,595.
KTM Revelator Sky Specifications:
- MSRP: $5,495 complete bike with Shimano Di2
- Frame: Revelator Sky, Premium Carbon Monocoque Design
- Fork: KTM F8, Premium Carbon Monocoque Design
- F/R Wheels: DT Swiss R-23 Spline Disc-Brake
- F/R Tires: Schwalbe ONE 700x25c
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra 6870 DI-2, Band-Type
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra 6870 DI-2 SS
- Shifters: Shimano Ultegra RS-R785 /DI-2
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB72-41B-Set PressFit
- Crankset: Shimano Ultegra 6800 50-34 Compact (double)
- Cassette: Shimano CS6800 11-28 (11-speed)
- Brake Calipers: Shimano BR-R785, Ice Tech Pad with Fins
- Brake Rotors: Shimano RT99 CL, 140mm, Ice Tech with Radiator Fins
- Handlebar: Ritchey WCS Curve Road
- Stem: Ritchey WCS C-220 6°
- Bar Tape: KTM VL-Tape
- Headset: KTM Team VP-B-151AM
- Saddle: Selle Italia SLS Flow
- Seatpost: Ritchey WCS, Link 20 350/27.2
- Weight (claimed): 7.8kg
More info: ktmbikeindustries.com
See our ever-growing stream of new cyclocross and gravel-oriented bikes, wheels, tires, components and cycling gear from 2017 Sea Otter here.
KTM Revelator Sky Disc Photo Gallery: