New to cyclocross racing? Suffer from bad pre-race nerves? Too cool for the rules?
Pinning your number correctly not only makes it look like you know what you’re doing, it helps our beloved officials in their quest to score you accurately and fairly. Plus as stated in the video, a floppy number is probably equal to $2000 worth of wheels! (Note: the previous statement has not been reviewed for truth.)
Paradise Garage Racing put together this entertaining (and informative) video about how to pin your cyclocross number. Take a look and see if you can pick up any tips.
- Ask what side your number goes on
- Lay your jersey out
- Place the number midway down your back, halfway down the side of your jersey. Make sure it’s right-side up!
- Don’t fold, crinkle or cut the number
- Skip the holes, pin the four corners first
- Pin the edges as needed to keep the number flat
Now go out there and be the officials’ favorite racer!