Need to brush up on your ’cross skills? Don’t have any to begin with? Live near Fletcher, North Carolina? Then check out the Renaissance Bicycles Wednesday Night Cyclocross Training Series. The series, with the slightly intimidating but refreshingly honest theme, “Wednesday Will Bury You,” begins September 8th at Fletcher Park. Read on for details.
According to Renaissance Bicycle’s web site, who are hosting the three-part training series, here’s what you need to know:
- USAC Sanctioned Non-Competitive Training Series. No awards, prizes, or points … just the self-satisfaction of riding fast.
- September 8th, September 22nd, and October 6th all at Fletcher Park in Fletcher, NC
- Two “Races”:
- @6pm for 30 minute duration — CX4, CX 3-4 Women, Juniors
- @6:50pm for 45 minute duration – CX1-3, Masters, CX1-2 Women
- Registration opens @5pm, closes 15 minutes prior to Race
- $10 Entry Fee with USAC license — One day USAC permits are $5 for non-licensed riders.
- Helmets required, hecklers likely.
- First time riders welcome. Basic instruction available prior to 6PM race.
- All bicycle types are welcome, but please no bar ends.
- And remember: Wednesday Will Bury You.
Interested? Maps, fliers, and contact info can be found here.