This fall, Cyclocross Magazine is providing free publicity for local teams hosting free cyclocross clinics as our way of saying “thank you” to folks giving back to the sport we love. If you are in the area, please spread the word about this free clinic and consider taking your ’cross-curious friends.
Team Monster Truck’s “Skills and Drills” series is back for 2017 for new and returning cyclocross riders in the Cambridge and Boston areas. Skills and Drills clinics are a free introduction to cyclocross the team runs each year in August and September on Wednesday nights. The clinics and practices are open to all skill levels and teams.
Team Monster Truck said the clinics were a smashing success in 2017. “Last year, the response and turnout was literally overwhelming,” said organizer Grant Halsey. “At a few local races last year, scanning the results, over half the racers in the Women’s Cat 4 field were ‘alumni’ of our clinics. It’s an impressive impact that belies the success of the clinics.”
Skills and Drills Wednesday Cyclocross Clinics
Here are the key details for the Skills and Drills clinics:
- Time: 6:30pm Wednesdays beginning August 16th
- Location: Danehy Park in North Cambridge, park is located behind Fresh Pond
- Directions: Enter from Sherman St. and then take a right on the paved path, look for bikes, flags and lycra
- Who: You! Clinics are open to anyone who is ’cross-curious or wants to brush up on skills for the upcoming season
- Is there actually a Crossasaurus?: You will have to attend to find out
- More info: teammonstertruck.com
About Team Monster Truck
We’re a Boston based cycling team centered on cyclocross, but with some road and mountain bike representation as well. We’ve got a strong reputation in the community as a welcoming and open group, particularly for beginners and women. We’re a “free” organization, in that we don’t charge anything to join, our events are all free, and we welcome everyone to ride and race with us. We’re focused on getting racers to start lines, not to podiums.