Bolstered by two wins at the Resolution Cross Cup in Texas, Jamey Driscoll took the USA Cycling Pro CX lead over Stephen Hyde (Cannondale p/b Cyclocrossworld.com).
Driscoll proved to be the cream of the crop on a muddy weekend at Resolution Cross both on the first day, where he made his move later in the race, and the second day, in which he won solo with a huge gap in heavy mud.
Hyde did not race this past weekend, as he was preparing to travel to kick off a European race campaign.
Caroline Mani’s (Raleigh-Clement) lead going into the weekend was large enough to hold off Crystal Anthony (Boulder Cyclesport/YogaGLO), who won both days of the North Carolina Grand Prix.
There were no UCI Junior races in the U.S. this weekend, so the Junior standings remain unchanged, with Gage Hecht (Alpha Bicycle Co.-Vista Subaru) in the lead.
The Pro CX calendar features more races in Texas this weekend, with two days of racing at the Highlander Cross Cup in Waco.
USA Cycling Pro CX Standings
1. Jamey Driscoll (Park City, Utah/Raleigh Clement) – 772
2. Stephen Hyde (Easthampton, Mass./Cannondale p/b cyclorossworld.com) – 727
3. Jeremy Powers (Easthampton, Mass./Aspire Racing) – 715
4. Curtis White (Delanson, N.Y./Cannondale p/b cyclocrossworld.com) – 515
5. Cameron Dodge (Huntington Valley, Pa.) – 507
5. Kerry Werner (Birdsboro, Pa./Raleigh Clement) – 507
1. Caroline Mani (Littleton, Calif./Raleigh-Clement) – 818
2. Crystal Anthony (Beverly, Mass./Boulder Cycle Sport-Yogaglo) – 684
3. Amanda Miller (Colorado Springs, Colo./Boulder Cycle Sport-Yogaglo) – 667
4. Katie Compton (Colorado Springs, Colo./Trek Factory Racing) – 633
5. Kaitie Antonneau (Racine, Wis./Cannondale p/b cyclocrossworld.com) – 625
1. Gage Hecht (Parker, Colo./Alpha Bicycle Co.-Vista Subaru) – 195
2. Cameron Beard (Bend, Ore./Cyclocrossworld.com Devo) – 182
3. Eric Brunner (Boulder, Colo./Boulder Junior Cycling) – 163
4. Spencer Petrov (Mason, Ohio/Cyclocross Networking Racing p/b Medical Remarketing) – 141
5. Denzel Stephenson (Broomfield, Colo./Boulder Junior Cycling) – 134