Press Release from Boulder Cycle Sport is as follows:
BOULDER, CO – September 9, 2014 – The Boulder Cycle Sport / YogaGlo Cyclocross Team is set to tackle the 2014-15 season with even more experience and speed on their side, with the addition of a pro level squad. Former domestic road professional Shawn Milne and Team Tibco road professional Amanda Miller join forces with the stalwart members of the team, who have amassed incredible results since the team’s formation in 2010, including eight national, two master’s world, and two Colorado state championships.
“We are extremely excited about the growth of our cyclocross program. With the support of YogaGlo and our other long-standing sponsors we are now able to have a pro-level team, while continuing to support juniors and beginning racers,” said Boulder Cycle Sport co-founder Brandon Dwight.
Milne raced for several trade teams in his career, including Navigators Insurance, Health Net-Maxxis, and Kenda-5 hour energy, and was able to compete in races across the globe, including Cuba, Morocco, Malaysia, Australia, China and throughout Europe. Last cyclocross season, racing primarily in New England, he was victorious on three occasions, including two UCI races.
Raised on a grain farm in Iowa, Miller took to gravel roads early in her cycling life. While at Colorado State University, she jumped to the professional road ranks and now races for Team Tibco. Still, she loves the competition and camaraderie of cyclocross; she won on day one of the Gateway Cross Cup, and took seven other top-five finishes last season.
Despite the many accolades of the team, the BCSCX / YogaGlo team members are most proud of their participation in the sport’s growth by leading junior coaching sessions, free skills clinics, volunteer trail and park projects, crafting articles and instructional videos, and leading community fundraisers.
Together, the team consists of more than 100 Boulder Cycle Sport cyclocross club team members, and provides skills instruction, racing guidance and strategy, body and equipment preparation advice, and more. In addition, 10 elite junior racers are privileged to ride for the Boulder Cycle Sport Devo p/b Boulder Junior Cycling team.
YogaGlo, the largest provider of online, on-demand yoga classes, remains the title sponsor of the team. The company, based in Santa Monica, California, offers a “Yoga For Cyclists” section on its highly popular website and has worked closely with the team to help all riders learn about yoga’s benefits for cycling performance, power output, and recovery.
“Cyclocross is such a demanding sport and can really take a toll on the body. And, as I have gotten older I’ve come to realize it’s extremely important to take care of yourself off the bike.” said Brandon Dwight, owner of Boulder Cycle Sport and a three-time U.S. national cyclocross champion. “I’ve been using YogaGlo for over a year now and it’s so convenient to have the classes ready to go when and where you need them.”
The BCSCX team continues it’s longstanding relationships with SRAM, Zipp, Clement, and Bell while welcoming new bike sponsor Focus. The team will be competing aboard the 2015 Focus Mares CX 0.0 bikes equipped with SRAM CX1.
The team is proud to work closely with a consortium of passionate sponsors, equally as committed to the sport’s growth as the team itself:
Title Sponsor: YogaGlo.com: the world’s premier source for online yoga classes.
- SRAM – Official drivetrain and brake supplier. The team will ride the new CX1 group.
- Focus Bicycles – Official supplier of the teams ultra light 2015 Focus Mares CX 0.0.
- Clement Cycling – Official supplier of tubular and clincher tires, including the versatile PDX and the stellar MXP.
- Zipp – Official supplier of wheels, handlebars, stems, and seat posts.
- Bell Sports – Official helmet supplier. The team will use the Bell Gage.
Race Clothing Sponsors: Castelli Cycling – Official supplier of the BCSCX team’s race day apparel, including skinsuits, cold-weather gloves, arm and leg warmers, thermal and wind-resistant jackets.
Casual Clothing Sponsors: Anthem Branding – Official supplier of the team’s custom off-the-bike team apparel including jackets, sweatshirts and headgear.
The 2014-15 team includes:
- Shawn Milne – After high school, Shawn committed full time to road cycling, spending his springs and summers in Belgium on the U.S. national team. With several different trade teams, including Navigators Insurance, Health Net-Maxxis, and Kenda-5 hour energy, he has raced across the world, including Cuba, Morocco, Malaysia, Australia, China, and throughout Europe. Last cyclocross season, racing primarily in New England, he was victorious on three occasions. – @Shawn_Milne_
- Amanda Miller – Raised on a grain farm in Iowa, Amanda took to gravel roads early in her cycling life. While at Colorado State University, she jumped to the professional road ranks and now races for Team Tibco. Still, she loves the competition and camaraderie of cyclocross, winning at the Gateway Cross Cup on day one, and taking seven other top-five finishes last season. – @arae_miller
- Brandon Dwight – Owner of Boulder Cycle Sport, 18 years of pro-level racing; two-time national cyclocross champion – @bldrcyclesport
- Pete Webber – 20-year veteran of professional mountain biking and cyclocross racing; national cyclocross and MTB marathon champion, master’s world champion – @webber_pete
- Kristin Weber – 10-year veteran of mountain bike and cyclocross, cross instructor, master’s worlds silver medalist, LunaChix womens MTB Ambassador- @sugardesigninc
- Greg Keller – Elite masters racer with 17 years of cyclocross racing experience, junior cycling coach, and nearly a decade of ’cross-specific skills instruction – @mudandcowbells
- Chris Case – Eight-year veteran of elite road, mountain, and cyclocross racing. Silver medalist, master’s national and world championships; Colorado Cross Cup champion; managing editor of Velo magazine – @leicacase
- Johs Huseby – 20+ year veteran of cyclocross; former member of U23 and elite U.S. national team at ’cross world championships – @JTLH75
Starting in early September and running through October, the BCSCX team will provide free weekly clinics from 5:30 – 7 p.m. every Wednesday, open to any age group, in addition to early, pre-work sessions. The skills-sessions will progress over the course of the season to teach core skills such as mounting, dismounting, race-day preparation, and racing tactics. For more information on the team, the skills clinics, and other helpful cyclocross resources, visit www.bouldercyclesport.com. Questions or inquiries about the team can be directed to [email protected]