Last year, the second-annual Qiansen Trophy Cyclocross took their UCI status to a new level by offering a C1 race in their Beijing-area location in August. This year, the promoters are doubling up on the UCI races, points and travel and will bring cyclocross and the racers from The Great Wall in Yanqing to a second stop at a tropical island resort in Hainan. With the two races, the event is now being labeled the “Qiansen Trophy Cyclo-cross Festival.” And racers still have the opportunity to get most if not all their expenses paid (plus potential prize money).
Much like the races in past years, the 2015, third-annual Qiansen Trophy Cyclocross will be the first UCI race of the year, although for the first time in its history, the UCI China Race will be a C1-C1 double header “weekend.” The second stage of the race will actually be held during the mid-week as it will require traveling to one of China’s southern-most island, Hainan. The Hainan race has the potential of rivaling the desert-hosted CrossVegas as one of the hottest UCI cyclocross races.
August 30: Qiansen Trophy Cyclocross Yanqing Station, Yanqing District, Beijing
September 2: Qiansen Trophy Cyclocross Qiongzhong Station, Yinggen town Qiongzhong Hainan of China
For third year in a row, Cyclocross Magazine has volunteered to help build awareness and help UCI racers apply for the trip. See essential details on the race, and the application form below. And be sure to follow the event on Twitter (ChinaCyclocross) and Facebook ( facebook.com/ChinaCyclocross )
Rider Information from Event Services:
1. Only two riders and one staff member per team will have travel expenses.
All riders and staff must attend both races to claim the travel expenses. Travel expenses include baggage/bike transport. Beijing capital international airport (PEK) must be used for the Yanqing station event. Haikou Meilan International Airport (HAK) and Sanya Phoenix International Airport (SYX) for the Qiongzhong station event.
2) The race promoter recommends booking the following flight on August 31 from Beijing to Haikou before the second race.
3) Teams shall book and buy the flight tickets themselves and the travel expenses will be paid after the team manager meeting at Qiongzhong race.
4) An official invoice/receipt must be presented to collect the travel expenses in Qiongzhong.
5) The Organizing Committee will provide all teams with airport pick-up and drop-off service for free for both station races. Noted that the pick-up in Haikou Airport(HAK) would only be arranged on 31st August.
6) Inform the Organizing Committee about your arrival schedule so they can start planning the pick up schedule.
7) Also a shuttle bus between the hotels and the venues will be provided.
The current expenses are as follows:
Teams from Europe, America: $1200 USD/person
Teams from Oceania: $1000 USD/person
Teams from Asia: $550 USD/person
Teams from Hong Kong China and Chinese Taipei: $300 USD/person
Teams from China Mainland: $200 USD/person
Hotel & Food
1) All the participating teams will be accommodated in at least three-star hotels, with mixed rooms among participants from the afternoon of 28th August till the morning of 31st August at Yanqing, Beijing, and from the afternoon of 31st August till the morning of 3rd September at Qiongzhong county, Hainan.
2) Next to local food western food will be provided.
3) 100 USD/night per single room and 150 USD/night per twin room (meals included) will be charged in
case of extra members, or any early arrival or late departure.
1) During the stay, all consumption of minibar or any damage of the supplies and equipment in the hotel rooms must be paid by the team.
2) Class 1 prize money will be paid as per UCI financial obligations for both races.
3) Welcome banquet will be held at Yanqing, the closing ceremony banquet at Qiongzhong, and a slight seeing tour
Please fill the form below to apply for the race entry and accommodations package:
Application for Consideration – 2015 Qiansen Trophy C1 Cyclocross Races: