This Week on Cyclocross Magazine: June 27
Want to know what to look for on Cyclocross Magazine this week? Worried you might have missed something last week? Fear not, because we’ve got it all mapped out for you. Every Monday, we have a preview of what’s in store for the week, and we’ll let you know about some of the great articles that you might have missed last week. If there’s any story you’d like us to cover, any burning question you want answered, or any cool racer you’d like to hear from, let us know! Leave messages in the comments, find me on the Cowbell Forums or email molly [at] cxmagazine.com.
Keep Your Eyes Peeled This Week For:
- Newbie News: learn about the most effective way to dismount with Erik Tonkin of Sellwood Cycles.
- Collegiate Chronicles: James McCabe from Wake Forest University chimes in on what it’s like to be a student and a serious cyclocross racer in the Fall semester.
- The Girl With The Cowbell Tattoo: during road season, I’ve been learning a lot about myself as a racer, and as I start seriously training specifically for cyclocross, I need to start thinking about my mental mindset when it comes to racing.
- In The Saddle With… this junior superstar is fearless on the cyclocross course, and that’s a big part of what makes her so great at what she does. Any guesses?
- Lee Waldman has a new column ready to go on Saturday.
- Our 2011-2012 Cyclocross Calendar will be posted soon, so keep an eye out for it if you want to start planning your season!
You May Have Missed:
- Cyclocross Down Under: Dirty Deeds Urban Cyclocross is back and better than ever.
- Mechanical Mondays: our How-to: Gluing Tubular Cyclocross Tires created a stir as people went back and forth on the best way to glue tires. We’ll be posting more How-Tos on this topic since there are so many methods, so stay tuned!
- Training Tuesdays: heat training for cyclocross? In our most “liked” post to date, Chris Bagg gives us an overview of heat training and what it could mean for you, whether racing in hot or cold climates.
- Carbon belt drive on a singlespeed bike? We get one to review, and it’s worth taking a peak at.
- The Girl With The Cowbell Tattoo: I’m hard at work building a base to begin my base training for cyclocross and finding it difficult to combine my normal life with racing life.
- Women’s Wednesdays: Georgia Gould talked to us about her mountain bike dominance this summer and how it will get her ready for cyclocross this coming season.
- Paul Warloski was back talking about racing for fun, not for points in this insightful column.
- Joe Sales’ beautiful gallery of National photos is up, be sure to check them out.
- If you’re a race promoter, fill out our form if you want your clinic or race to be on our calendar!
Have you subscribed yet? You're missing out if not. Get all-original content and your cyclocross fix throughout the year with a subscription and Issue 23 back copy, with features on Lars van der Haar, Jonathan Page, Elle Anderson and more!