On the Newsstands: Cyclocross Magazine Issue 15
As the domestic cyclocross calendar winds down for 2011, Cyclocross Magazine Issue 15 arrives in mailboxes and on store shelves around the country. Issue 15 takes readers back to the roots of American ’cross, and reports on where we’ve come to at this point in our sport’s history. If you haven’t subscribed to the only dedicated cyclocross publication in the world, what are you waiting for? Copies will be hitting store shelves soon too, check here for shops that carry CXM. Here’s what you’ll find inside:
- We tracked down the elusive Laurence Malone, our cover boy, winner of the first five editions of our National Championship from 1976-1980, for an exclusive profile
- The story of Mark and Frank McCormack, who defined American ’cross and New England racing in the 1990s
- A trip through the Fountain brothers’ permanent cyclocross course on their airfield in Moscow, Idaho
- The history of Swiss Cyclocross, the nation that ruled the sport before Belgium was Belgium
- How-to crash your ’cross bike, ride off-cambers (as explained by multiple-time national champion Pete Webber), and get started in the singlespeed scene
- Profiles of up-and-coming superstar Tom Meeusen, and workingman Aaron Schooler
- “Weight Weenie,” publisher Andrew Yee’s primer on slimming down your ride
- Columnist Christine Vardaros’ report on going native in Belgium
- Reviews on mechanical disc brakes, the carbon Redline Conquest Team, the reissued (and updated!) Ritchey Swiss Cross, KHS CX300, Raleigh Roper, and dreamworthy Moots RSL Psychlo X
- Our cheap bike project continues, as Lee Slone puts the rock-bottom-priced, hodge-podge rig to the test in California’s Central Coast series and in training
Have some feedback for us, or want to share your favorite cyclocross photos? We really want to hear from you. Send us your letters to hugsorhate(at)cxmagazine.com, and please submit photos to crosseyed(at)cxmagazine.com for consideration for our readers’ photo gallery appearing in every issue.
We’re already hard at work on Issue 16, which will come to you right after the World Championships and include reports on Nationals, Masters Worlds in Louisville and all the races in Koksijde, Belgium for the rainbow jerseys!
Have you subscribed yet? You're missing out if not. Get all-original content and your cyclocross fix throughout the year with our killer print and digital magazine for less than 8 cents a day!