Bob’s Red Mill Announces New Team Roster
Louisville, Kentucky: Bob’s Red Mill Cyclocross Team, the first and only dedicated cyclocross team in Kentucky, is proud to announce plans for its fourth season. Thanks to the generous support of its sponsors and the enthusiastic backing of a hometown gone cross-crazy, the team is hoping to build upon last year’s regional domination and strong presence at the USGP series, UCI races and Euro Cross Camp.
Highlights from last season include:
- Bronze Medal: 30-34 Men, UCI Masters World Championships
- 14th: Juniors, UCI Elite World Championships
- Silver Medal: Singlespeed Women, USA National Championships
- Overall Champion: Masters 45+, USGP Series
- 1st-2nd-3rd Overall: Elite Men, Zipp OVCX Series
Bob’s Red Mill Cyclocross is also proud to announce that in addition to the Elite team, it will also focus on rider development this season with its newly-formed Grassroots squad. These riders were selected from around the country to represent the team on and off the race course, through their passion for the sport of cyclocross and their dedication to healthy diet and exercise.
The Elite team will focus on the USGP Series, UCI races and the USA National Championships, with hope of returning to Europe.
Catch them at the OVCX Series kickoff at Huber’s Apple Cross in Starlight, IN on September 16. Registration is available at: https://www.bikereg.com/Net/16988
Bob’s Red Mill, the nation’s largest manufacturer of whole grain and organic foods fuels the team (don’t miss their tent at the USGP races!), and remains its title sponsor. Sinclair Imports supplies Stevens bicycles and Panache Cyclewear leads the pack with kits and skinsuits. Partners also include Feedback Sports/Squirt Lube, Freight Baggage,Challenge Tires, DeFeet, Walz Caps, Mad Alchemy, On Your Left Cycles (Louisville, KY), Patagonia, Rudy Project and Emergen-C.
Fans of Bob’s Red Mill Cyclocross can offer support and access the official team store until September 23: http://www.panachecyclewear.com/custom/bobsredmill-fans.html
- Mitchell Kersting (Louisville, KY)
- Ray Smith (Louisville, KY)
- Greg Wittwer (Richmond, VA)
- Joe Czerwonka (Louisville, KY)
- Andy Reardon (Franklin, TN)
- Drew Dillman (Louisville, KY)
- Stephen Bassett (Knoxville, TN)
- Luke Haley (Louisville, KY)
- Mike Mcshane (Louisville, KY)
- Fred Rose (Bloomington, IN)
- Meghan Korol (Asheville, NC)
- Marne Smiley (Chicago, IL)
- Katie Arnold (Columbus, OH)
- Liz Cobb (Bloomington, IN)
- Meredith Peterson (Madison, WI)
- Zach Deitch (Indianapolis, IN)
- Daryl ‘Gus’ Grissom (Reston, VA)
- Jerel Waide (Chicago, IL)
- Matt Smith (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nolan McQueen (Louisville, KY)
Mechanics: David ‘Team Dad’ Thomas (Asheville, NC) and Phil Gardner (Louisville, KY)
General Manager/Sport Director: Mitchell Kersting
Assistant Manager, Whole Grains: Ray Smith
Director of Performance and Winning: Joe Czerwonka
Follow the team’s progress at STONEGROUNDCX.COM
Have you subscribed yet? You're missing out if not. Get all-original content and your cyclocross fix throughout the year with our killer print and digital magazine for less than 8 cents a day!