If you’re in the Kansas area and looking to beef up your cyclocross skills for the season, check out the Source Endurance Cyclocross Clinic with U23 National Champ Zach McDonald and legendary racer Steve Tilford on September 7 through September 9 in Shawnee.
Expanded schedule of events for 2012:
Fri. Sept. 7: FilmStudy Trek Store- Shawnee. 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
10412 ShawneeMission Pkwy. Shawnee, KS 66203.
Professional/ Elite race film study with Zach Mcdonald as he analyzes the race from a professional perspective. Beverages and snacks provided
Sat. Sept. 8: VeteransPark. 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
13599 Johnson Dr. Shawnee, KS 66216, SE Corner of Johnson Dr. and Pflumm
Source Endurance, along with the Trek Stores of Kansas City, is hosting a one day, all day cyclocross clinic that will provide advanced comprehensive instruction to help you learn the art and technique of cyclocross and hone yourskills. Neutral support provided by theTrek Stores of KC. Lunch provided.
Sun. Sept. 9: Private CX Instruction. 10 a.m. – Noon, 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.
Location TBA.Maximum attendance= 5 per session, per instructor.
This is your chance to receive 1:1 instruction from a world class competitor. Learn from them as they share with you their secrets and provide focused instruction to help improve your abilities.
- Getting on and off the bike: Review the basics, transition to advancedskills.
- Cornering, the basis for fast lap times: one corner, multiple turns, 180’s, linking multiple turns
- Course pre-ride,more than a preview: as a warm up, tire/ pressure selection, strategy and tactics
- Sand: where pedal power and technique can make or break you
- Guidance and planning a cyclocross season:balancing fitness and freshness
- Off camber riding: a delicate balance of speed, power, and finesse.
- Bunny hopping barriers: go vertical!
- Starting fast: the key to establishing field position for offense
- Mock Races: one lap heats
- Open Q/A session with Zach and Steve