Wednesday Night Worlds officially comes to Portland and includes ability categories and kids races. Official press release below.
What could be more romantic than spending the evening under the lights at Alpenrose? How about spending the evening at Alpenrose riding through the mud with a few hundred other people? The Blind Date starts Wednesday September 23rd at 5 PM. at the Alpenrose Dairy in Portland, Oregon. This four week series will be contested on lit courses in the dark and is fully sanctioned by the Oregon Bike Racing Association.
This will be a cyclocross course with grass, meadow, dirt, gravel, asphalt, run ups, barriers and quick changes in direction. The course will be properly illuminated for cyclocross racing, but not floodlit like PGE park at night. Feel free to use a bike light and or helmet light if you want supplemental lighting. The toddler cross and kiddie cross at 5 pm will be on easier sections of the course.
- 5:00 pm Kiddie cross (no parents on course) and Toddler Cross. (parents may run along)
- 5:10 pm Juniors. (30 minute race)
- 6:00 pm Category C men and women. (45 minute race)
- 6:50 pm Category B, Men and Women. and Single Speed (45 minute race)
- 7:45 pm Category A Men and Women. (1 hr. race)