Mirjam Flexes Her Might in St. Michielsgestel – Full Report, Results and Photos
1st GP Richard Groenendaal – St. Michielsgestel: Elite Women
The women’s race at the first GP Richard Groenendaal was won by Team Flexpoint captain Mirjam Melchers-van Poppel. Melchers dominated the whole race and finished with a lead of over 1:00 on the ZZPR riders Sanne van Paassen and Reza Hormes-Ravenstijn who completed the podium. Young Flexpoint rider Tessa van Nieuwpoort and Abke Francissen completed the top five.
The participation numbers weren’t that strong due to the competition of the race in Tervuren (Belgium). From the start Mirjam Melchers-van Poppel took the initiative. Sanne van Paassen was able to join her but due to a crash the ZZPR rider dropped with the Dutch National Cyclocross Champion.
Melchers extended her lead lap by lap on her competitors to win with a lead of 1:00 over Sanne van Paassen. Reza Hormes finished as third at 1:21. Japanese Champion Ayako Toyooka was one of the few foreigners at the start and finished at in eight, 3 down on the winner. Also see the men’s race report from the GP Groenendaal.
1. Mirjam Melchers van Poppel (Ned) Team Flexpoint 42:28
2. Sanne van Paassen (Ned) ZZPR.nl 1:00
3. Reza Hormes Ravenstijn (Ned) ZZPR.nl 1:21
4. Tessa van Nieuwpoort (Ned) Team Flexpoint 1:38
5. Abke Francissen (Ned) 1:45
6. Arenda Grimberg (Ned) 2:34
7. Rebecca Talen (Ned) 2:46
8. Ayako Tooyoka (Jpn) 3:01
9. Lucinda Brand (Ned) 3:42
10. Kirsten Peetom (Ned) 3:49
11. Elke Riedl (Aut) 3:58
12. Daisy van der Aa (Ned) Team DSB Bank 3:58
13. Veerle Goossens (Ned) 4:06
14. Britt Jochems (Ned) ZZPR.nl 4:06
15. Sabrina Stultiens (Ned) 4:09
16. Lana Verberne (Ned) 5:03
17. Linda Kroes (Ned) 5:15
18. Helena van Leijen (Ned) 5:18
19. Karen Verhestraeten (Ned) 5:29
20. Kiona Harbers (Ned) 6:07
21. Sophie de Boer (Ned) 6:07
22. Dirkje Bazuin (Ned) 6:23
23. Marjolein Claessen (Ned) 6:38
24. Eefje Ottevanger (Ned)
25. Joyce van der Peet (Ned)
40 riders completed the race.
Have you subscribed yet? You're missing out if not. Get all-original content and your cyclocross fix throughout the year with our killer print and digital magazine for less than 8 cents a day!