This Week on Cyclocross Magazine
In coming weeks, we’ll be debuting a whole lot of great new features on the website, including quite a few new regular columns. Every Monday, I’ll be giving you a little preview of what’s in store for the week, and letting you know about some of the great articles that you might have missed last week. If there’s any story you’d like us to cover, any burning question you want answered, or any cool racer you’d like to hear from, let us know! Leave messages in the comments, find me on the Cowbell Forums or email molly [at] cxmagazine.com.
I’m very excited to be leading this greater emphasis to regular online columns and features with Cyclocross Magazine, and I hope you all enjoy the new content as much as I do!
The overarching theme of our daily content for the next few weeks is how to use your Spring and Summer racing and training to benefit your cyclocross season. We’ll be bringing you some great information, including advice on choosing a training camp, some insight into collegiate cyclocross (a rapidly growing sector of our sport), and mechanical advice for the off-season. We also will have an interview and video on bike fitting with professional bike fitter Blake Bedoya of Signature Cycles. However, I must admit that my personal favorite is our new Pro Q&A feature called, “In the Saddle With … ”
Keep Your Eyes Peeled This Week For:
Mechanical Mondays: assuming you’re not out riding your cyclocross bike right now, you should be taking care of it properly! It’s time to get this bi-weekly column kick started again. Find out what maintenance you should be doing and what proper storage for an off-season bike is in this great feature.
- Training Tuesday: take a look at this great pre-season plan to get some ideas for how to properly prep for a killer ’cross season.
- The Girl with the Cowbell Tattoo: wondering who’s writing this piece? Find out a bit more about me tomorrow in my new column!
- Women’s Wednesday: we know what our pro men are doing in the off-season (see our Tour of California coverage), but what about our favorite ladies of cyclocross? We’ll take a look at some of the top female ’cross racers recent race results, and hear from them about what they’ve been up to this spring.
- Reviews: We’ll soft-launch our revamped reviews center where we’ll be highlighting some of past product reviews, surfacing some of our reviews from our print and digital magazine and of course, the latest in new cyclocross bikes and gear.
- Rumors and Rumblings: Kat Statman is, as always, filling us in on what’s going on in the world of pro cyclocross, and doing an amazing job of it!
You May Have Missed:
- A Ride and Interview with Jeremy Powers: want to know what Powers does in the off-season? (Hint: it still involves him riding very very fast.) We caught up with him (sort of) and chatted about his switch to the Rapha-Focus team and his upcoming season.
- In the Saddle with Todd Wells, Three-Time National Champion: find out what Wells, a pro mountain biker and cyclocross racer, does in his very short off-season, and how he builds up for big races.
- Our Amgen Tour of California, Cyclocross Style coverage: if you followed the Tour of California at all, you must have noticed some familiar faces lurking in the peloton. Cyclocross racers like Jeremy Powers, Chris Jones, Lars Boom, Jamey Driscoll, Jesse Anthony, Alex Candelario, Tyler Wren, Andy Jacques-Maynes and Ben Jacques-Maynes were all in the race, and we kept up to speed on how they were doing each day in our own mini-competition.
- Why You Should Consider a Cyclocross Clinic: thinking about the best way to kick-start your ’cross season this Fall? Consider a training camp!
- An Interview with Rapha-Focus’s Chris Jones: Jones talks about new teammate Jeremy Powers and his own road/cyclocross season plans.
- Help a newbie out! In our forums, there’s been some discussion on Choosing Your First Cyclocross Bike, and some of our members need some help picking a bike. Here’s your chance to show off your technical knowledge and get a new rider on a great bike for the upcoming season.
Have you subscribed yet? You're missing out if not. Get all-original content and your cyclocross fix throughout the year with a subscription and Issue 23 back copy, with features on Lars van der Haar, Jonathan Page, Elle Anderson and more!
Previous entry Amgen Tour of California: Stage 7, Cyclocross Style