Read the full report here: Clash of the Titans: Štybar Outduels Nys in a Worlds Thriller
- 18th: Jonathan Page had the top US ride of the day and, if his Twitter was any indication, was ecstatic with his performance. “Great day today! If not for game of “Pig Pile on JP” first time over bridge, result would have been great too. That’s bikin’. Thanks for all your support!”
- 24th: Jeremy Powers, current National Champion, was the second American across the finish line. He later tweeted, “Ouch! Made it up to a group for 14th, had bike and driving mistakes. It was extremely technical and pushed everyone 110%. Finished up 24th… I never start a race hoping for 24th! But that’s what it was today. I’m racing again on Wednesday in Maldegem. Thanks for all the support”
- 31st: Ryan Trebon, who, after finishing the race, headed straight to get a nasty wound on his calf stitched up (see his Twitter if you have a good stomach for gore). He tweeted that he got the gash on the first lap, so kudos to him for finishing the race. He’s all right now, and tweeted, “Surprisingly only 13 stitches to close that bad boy up. And by the way it was a chainring not a disc rotor that did it.” Katie Compton comically tweeted the night before, “Wow Ryan, way to man-up and finish with that open wound!! Now I have to reconsider all the times I’ve called you a sissy…”
- 48th: Allen Krughoff, the only member of the team who had never been a member of the World Championship US team before, rode his way to 48th place—not a bad season ender for the man who had the breakout ride of the season at Nationals in January.
- DNF: Tim Johnson also had a rough day at the office, when early in the race, a crash caused him to DNF with what he worried was a broken arm. A trip to the hospital revealed that the bone was intact, but he tweeted, “Disappointed in the race finishing without me. Hurts deep to hear the crowd noise from the ground and not while riding…”
- DNF: Zach McDonald dropped out with knee problems during the race, and later said, “Yeah, my knee hurts. Looking for beer. Could have been worse.”