2012 Challenge Team Sponsorship
The care and keeping of tubulars can mean the difference between lasting one season or two. © Cyclocross Magazine
For 2012, Challenge North America has revised the Grassroots Program in an effort to better support grassroots cycling across the U.S. To do this, we have structured the Program around the first and best contact point for each team; which is the Independent Bicycle Dealer. All prospective candidates must have a co-sponsoring bike shop in order to participate. Why do we feel this is important? By having your local shop be your team co-sponsor, it will further assist the members of your team with questions about the product, tread selection and offer direct support. This will streamline this program in many ways benefiting everyone.
Challenge Grassroots Program Requirements:
- Submit a team proposal (2-3 pages) that should include team action photos, 2011 team highlights, complete roster and tentative race schedule.
- Include how your team can help Challenge Tires develop their products and gain exposure?
- Complete Grassroots Team Application
- Sponsored teams must be co-sponsored by a local bike shop that maintains a brick and mortar presence.
- A single bike shop may sponsor multiple teams. If a team has multiple bike shop sponsors, the team can only order tires from one shop.
- We would like the Challenge logo to appear in a place of prominence on the team’s jersey, team bikes, team helmets, team wheels, team website, rider blogs, Facebook page, Twitter Accounts and actively provide photos to Challenge, though not mandatory. Decals can be provided upon request.
- Orders must be placed through the sponsoring bike shop, submitted to Bill Marshall, and will only ship to the sponsoring bike shop.
- Teams are allowed to place two orders per Cyclocross season. These order dates can be done between July 1st and November 15th, 2012.
All proposals must be e-mailed to [email protected] Hard copies will not be accepted.