East Coast Domination? Page and Bruno-Roy Lead USAC Cyclocross Rankings
Page and Bruno-Roy still lead individual standings
by USA Cycling
The 10th and 11th races on the USA Cycling Cyclo-cross National Racing Calendar took place over the weekend with the Gran Prix of Gloucester I and II, October 3rd and 4th in Gloucester, Mass.
Saturday saw Jonathan Page (Northfield, N.H./Planet Bike) capture the elite men’s victory while Canadian Natasha Elliott (Garneau Club Chaussure Ogilvy) took the win in the elite women’s race.
Timothy Johnson (Middleton, Mass./Cyclocrossworld.com) was the strongest man of the day on Sunday while Elliott went two for two with another win in the elite women’s field.
Click here for complete results from the Gran Prix of Gloucester I and II.
Jonathan Page and Maureen Bruno-Roy (Arlington, Mass./M&M Racing-Seven Cycles) held onto their leads in the elite men’s and women’s individual standings. With 31 events remaining on the 2009/2010 USA Cycling Cyclo-cross National Racing Calendar, the current standings are as follows:
1. Jonathan Page (Northfield, N.H./Planet Bike) 170
2. Jamey Driscoll (Jericho, Vt./Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld.com) 129
2. Jeremy Powers (East Hampton, Mass./Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld.com) 129
3. Christopher Jones (Auburn, Calif.) 92
4. Erwin Vervecken (BEL/Team Revor-Baboco-Champion System) 90
5. Ryan Trebon (Bend, Ore./Kona) 75
1. Maureen Bruno-Roy (Arlington, Mass./M&M Racing-Seven Cycles) 82
2. Natasha Elliott (Canada/Garneau Club Chaussure Ogilvy) 75
3. Sue Butler (Portland, Ore./Monavie-Cannondale.com) 73
4. Laura Van Gilder (Cresco, Pa./C3 Sollay) 61
5. Katie Compton (Colorado Springs, Colo./Stevens) 60
||To view the full men’s standings click here and for the latest women’s standings click here.
Five USA Cycling Cyclo-cross National Racing Calendar events are on tap for next weekend: Darkhorse Cyclo-Stampede International Cyclo-cross, Lionhearts International Cyclo-cross, Providence Cyclocross races 1 and 2, and Bio Wheels/United Dairy Farmers Harbin Park.