Cyclocross Magazine is the only media company entirely dedicated to the exploding sport of cyclocross. Our print and digital magazine, news website, forums and social network cover all aspects of ‘cross—including equipment, racing, rider profiles, culture and lifestyle. Cyclocross Magazine offers affordable, high-return opportunities to build your brand, increase sales and target passionate cyclocross racers and fans.
Join the Movement:
- 45% increase in print circulation
- 100% increase in forum members
- 60% growth in online reach
- Now on the Apple Newsstand!
- Digital “All Access” subscription launched
- iPad, iPhone, Android apps
- 100-108 pages
- 8.25″ x 10.25″ in full color!
- Four issues per year
- 7,200 copies
- 500k digital page views per month
- Approximately 20k+ readers (print)
- 52K+ likes on Facebook, 20K+ followers on Twitter
- 90% paid circulation (subscribers, shops, newsstands)
- 70% content = your ad gets more attention
- Sold in bike shops—where your products are
- In select independent and national bookstores (Barnes&Noble)
- Distributed at ’cross races throughout the country
Races, bike shops, Barnes & Nobles, Borders bookstores, and early subscribers. (Retailers: contact us for more info on our attractive retailer program that gives you, the local bike shop, great exposure.
We have print magazine, digital magazine and online advertising opportunities. Let us help you build your brand awareness and sales in the exploding ‘cross market. Please contact us for a media kit for full info and our current pricing.
We can assist in creating ads if you need the help. We can also work out custom sizes and prices if you’d like. Just shoot us an email and we’ll work with you. We intend to offer discounts for recurring advertisers and will work them out on a case by case basis. These prices are subject to change.
Please contact us at greatads [[at]] cxmagazine.com or call us: at (650) 450-9499 or directly to our sales gurus:
phone: (917) 993-0302
email: areimann [[at]] cxmagazine.com
email: jkodin [[at]] cxmagazine.com