Soudal Classic Leuven – Sanne Cant Leads Pole to Pole, Dombroski Second, Mo Bruno Roy Fourth UPDATED: Photo Gallery
Sanne Cant led start to finish © Bart Hazen
It was a good day for American women at Soudel Classic Leuven, as Amy Dombroski (Telenet-Fidea) and Maureen Bruno Roy (Bob’s Red Mill) both navigated the treacherous course to finish second and fourth, respectively. The win, however, was never in question as Sanne Cant (BKCP) took the holeshot and then was the only one of the lead women to ride the near-vertical drop that the rest shouldered their bikes to descend. As Cant stormed away with the win, Dombroski found herself in a battle for second with Ellen van Loy (Melbotech), until a crash by Loy gave Dombroski enough of a gap to build upon.
Bart Hazen Photo Gallery
1. Sanne Cant, Enertherm-BKCP
Get your free digital issue of Cyclocross Magazine here.
2. Amy Dombroski, Vzw Young Telenet Fidea Cycling Team
3. Ellen Van Loy, Melbotech Cycling Team
4. Maureen Bruno Roy, Bob’s Red Mill-Seven,
5. Joyce Vanderbeken, Cycling Team Vermeeren
6. Nancy Bober, Style & Concept Cycling Team
7. Suzie Godart
8. Karen Verhestraeten
9. Hilde Quintens, Melbotech Cycling Team
10. Nicole De Bie-Leyten, Vzw Young Telenet Fidea Cycling Team
11. Katrien Thijs, K. Edegem Bicycle Club
12. Femke Van Den Driessche, Vzw Lotto-Ladiescycling
13. Ilona Meter, Rcp Stevens
14. Kristien Nelen
15. Nathalie Nijns, Sengers Ladies Cycling Team
16. Meg De Bruyn, Rijschool Ah-Gentse Vs
17. Caren Commissaris, W.a.c. Team Hoboken (kon.) V.z.w.
18. Caitlyn La Haye, Hageland Cycling Team