The official call-up procedure for the 2012 UCI Masters Cyclocross World Championships in Louisville, KY has been released, and will rely on current registration numbers to determine how many seeding heats are run. The event has been a big draw for U.S. Masters racers, with just under 500 racers currently pre-registered for the event, mostly from the U.S., but over 400 racers from Europe are expected by promoter Joan Hanscom. See the full call-up details in the Louisville press release below:
Based on current registration, the heats and call up procedures are organized as follows:
In fields with fewer than 40 riders currently registered, no heats will be held and all registrants will be entered directly into the Championship race. Call-ups for fields under 40 riders will be by random draw.
In fields with more than more than 40 riders but fewer than 80 riders CURRENTLY registered there will be two “seeding heats” raced to determine call-up position for the final championship race.
• There will be no repechage held if the field size does not exceed 80 riders as all riders will have the opportunity to race the Championship race
• The winners of each heat will be called up first, the second place finishers called up next and so forth
• Start position in the heats is by random draw
• Heats are 30 minutes in length
Should an age group exceed 80 riders by race day a repechage will be run as the final means of qualifying for the Championship race.
Registration and number pick up will be held at the Galt House ONLY. There will be NO on-site registration or number pick-up. Registration and number pick-up will open at the Galt House on Wednesday, January 11th at 10am and close at 8pm. Please review your schedule carefully. Registration for each category closes the day prior to scheduled start time. So if your first race is on Thursday – you must be signed in and registered by close of registration of Wednesday night. If your race is not until Saturday you have until the close of registration on Friday to register.
• Hours of registration are: Wednesday 10am to 8pm; Thursday 10am- 8pm;
Friday: 10am – 8pm and Saturday: 9am-2pm
• Riders who race in the seeding heats MUST return to registration to pick up their number for the Championship race the day before the Championship race.
• Online registration closes on January 8th, at 11:59pm eastern.
• On-site registration is available up until THE DAY BEFORE THE SCHEDULED RACE at the Galt House. There is absolutely NO day-of registration.
Pre-riding will be available on Wednesday, January 11th from 10am to 4pm course conditions permitting. An email will be sent to all riders confirming this as the event gets closer. There are also pre-riding opportunities on Thursday and Friday between 12pm and 12:45pm. However ABSOLUTELY NO pre-riding is available while there is racing on the course and riders who are discovered on-course while racing is on-going are subject to immediate disqualification.
Finally, if your team purchased team parking space you must pick up your parking pass at registration at the Galt House. No passes will be issued on-site and there will be no access to team parking areas without a pass.
Team space is still available. Please download and complete the application form here.
Race schedule is here.
For more information please contact:
Joan Hanscom: firstname.lastname@example.org