Aaron Schooler is a Canadian racer you may not have heard of … yet. After a 15th place finish at CrossVegas last week, his season is off to a great start. He went on to finish tenth in the Rapha-Focus GP and in StarCrossed. Racing for Team H&R Block and powered by Sri Importing, he’s also one of the men behind the scenes with the H&R Block Langley Cyclocross Classic And School Of Cross Clinic. He was kind enough to give us a look at his new Norco Threshold cyclocross bike.
Norco launched their new Carbon Cyclocross bike the Norco Threshold this Fall. In stores soon, this beast of a bike boasts an impressive resume already with a top 15 in CrossVegas, top tens at StarCrossed and the Rapha Focus GP, as well as a BC Cup Provincial Win to start off the 2011 season. Aaron Schooler got a couple of these custom-painted bad boys just in time for the beginning of the ’cross season and was highly impressed with the updates that Norco has made to the old Scandium CCX SL revamping it from scratch and moving to the carbon mold. The Norco Threshold is a European race bike with some North American Flare to it.
Major updates include:
– Fender mount eylets (making it very easy to convert your cross bike to your winter training road bike or commuter).
– Raked-out front fork (allowing there to be essentiall no toe overlap)
– Beefy front fork and tapered Steer tube (stiffening up the front end and removing the fork chatter entirely)
– Internal Cabling (which moves the cables away from the top tube but keeping the signature Norco MTB style full housing on the rear derailleur from the top tube to the derailleur)
– Replaceable dropouts (frame comes complete with replaceable horizontal dropouts to convert your geared cyclocross bike into the Single Speed demon of your dreams)
Norco is launching the Threshold with 3 levels of builds following the good, better, best model. More details can be found at www.norco.com.
Aaron Schooler’s pro build:
- Frame & Fork: Norco Threshold with tapered steerer.
- Headset: FSA Taper with Integrated CX brake stop.
- Stem: FSA OS115 White
- Handlebars: FSA Pro Wing Compact White
- Front brake: Avid Shorty Ultimate (in Euro Position)
- Rear brake: Avid Shorty Ultimate (in Narrow Position)
- Front derailleur: SRAM Force
- Rear derailleur: SRAM Force
- Shift and Brake levers: SRAM Force DoubleTap
- Cassette: Sram 1070 12/27
- Chain: SRAM 1091R
- Crankset: FSA K-Force Light, BB30, 38/44, 172.5mm STD
- Bottom bracket: SRAM Red BB30
- Pedals: Crank Brothers Eggbeater 3
- Wheelset: Mavic Ksyrium SLR
- Front tire: Vittoria XG 32mm
- Rear tire: Vittoria XG 32mm
- Saddle: Fizik Aliante
- Seat post: FSA K-Force Light