This Week on Cyclocross Magazine: June 6
by Molly Hurford
Want to know what to look for on Cyclocross Magazine this week? Worried you might have missed something last week? Fear not, because we’ve got it all mapped out for you. Every Monday, we have a preview of what’s in store for the week, and we’ll let you know about some of the great articles that you might have missed last week. If there’s any story you’d like us to cover, any burning question you want answered, or any cool racer you’d like to hear from, let us know! Leave messages in the comments, find me on the Cowbell Forums or email molly [at] cxmagazine.com.
Keep Your Eyes Peeled This Week For:
- Mechanical Mondays: what five dollar tool does mechanic Dave Drumm swear by? Find out today!
Team Mountain Khakis, taking a break by the river. © Molly Hurford
- On the Newsstands: Issue 12 is out and has a whole lot to offer! See what editor Josh Liberles has been putting together, and if you like what you see, you can always subscribe to the world’s only dedicated cyclocross publication to make sure you never miss an issue.
- Training Tuesdays: what the heck is creatine anyway? Should you be using it, and if so, why? We look at a roundup of recent studies done on the supplement to give you the scientific skinny.
- The Girl With The Cowbell Tattoo: I got a taste of the pro lifestyle, and I liked it! Spending a few days with a road team that is home to a couple of great cyclocrossers gave me a chance to hear about their plans for the fall and mull over my own plans with guys who know what they’re talking about.
- Racer Reviews: gear, gear and more gear! This week, we’ll be taking a look at tubeless tires. (Perfect if you spent last week pouring over our wheel reviews!)
- Paul Warloski’s newest column will be up this weekend.
- Rumors and Rumblings: Kat Statman will fill us in on what’s going on in the world of pro cyclocross.
You May Have Missed:
- Newbie News: whether you’re a seasoned rider or you hadn’t heard of cyclocross until last week, there’s something in Newbie News for you. We started off with a few of our favorite tips for new racers, and gave noobs an idea of what they can expect to see online this summer.
- The Girl With The Cowbell Tattoo: I talked about dealing with my fears on the bike, and you all responded with some stories of your own about what you were scared of when you started racing, and how you got over it!
- Collegiate Chronicles: Mark Vareschi, team director and “Mama Bear” for the five-time Eastern Collegiate Cycling Conference Cyclocross Champions, the Rutgers University Cycling Team, talked about what it takes to build up a cyclocross team from a team of just five road racers to one of the top collegiate cyclocross teams on the East Coast.
- BABOCO Training Camp, Cyclocross Style with Christine Vardaros: learn what training camp is like for the pros in Europe in Christine’s column.
- Rumors and Rumblings: Kat Statman filled us in on what’s going on in the world of pro cyclocross, including racers Bryan Fawley, Amy Dombroski, Katie Compton, Todd Wells, Kaitlin Antonneau, Ryan Trebon and Justin Lindine.