This Week on Cyclocross Magazine: July 18
Want to know what to look for on Cyclocross Magazine this week? Worried you might have missed something last week? Fear not, because we’ve got it all mapped out for you. Every Monday, we have a preview of what’s in store for the week, and we’ll let you know about some of the great articles that you might have missed last week. If there’s any story you’d like us to cover, any burning question you want answered, or any cool racer you’d like to hear from, let us know! Leave messages in the comments, find me on the Cowbell Forums or email molly [at] cxmagazine.com.
Keep Your Eyes Peeled This Week For:
- Mechanical Mondays: I talked about DNF-ing last week; this week, new writer Jason Gardner talks about what you can do to avoid a mechanical DNF during cyclocross season.
- Training Tuesdays: you’re out and training for cyclocross now, but should running be part of your routine? Pros weigh in.
- The Girl With The Cowbell Tattoo: Power? Heart rate? Numbers? I start training with a great coach, but the technology is a little hard to get used to.
- Women’s Wednesdays: why are women so different than men, anyway? A few recent studies shed some light on women versus men in sports.
- Tour De Tires: Looking for a new set of tires for the season? There are only a few stages left in our Tour de Tires, where we’re aiming to surface a tire that would be appropriate for an off-road equivalent of the Tour stage that day.
- Rumors and Rumblings with Kat Statman is back, now that he’s returned from his honeymoon. And not a moment too soon, since MTB Nationals happened this past weekend.
- Paul Warloski has more to talk about in his column, It’s Always A Good Day To Ride
- If you haven’t noticed, we have a lot of news about various clinics and happenings in the cyclocross world, so keep your eyes open for even more to be posted.
You May Have Missed:
- Newbie News: want to race cyclocross but don’t want to commit to buying a bike? Read about how to convert a mountain bike to be an effective cyclocross racing machine.
- Tons of new clinics and industry news items have been announced this week, so check out our Press Release section.
- Collegiate Chronicles: what do the experts have to say about collegiate athletes? A quick look at some recent studies.
- The Girl With The Cowbell Tattoo: a stage race in Ohio shows me just how tough the women racers in the Mid-West are, and I have a great time finding out. (Even if I did get dropped.)
- In The Saddle With … this tattooed pro has been a staple in the cyclocross scene since the early 90′s. Adam Myerson sits down and talks with us about what it’s like to be a Jack of all (cycling) Trades.
- Tour De Tires: Looking for a new set of tires for the season? We’ve been rolling out (pun intended) 21 days of cyclocross tire reviews, aiming to surface a tire that would be appropriate for an off-road equivalent of the Tour stage that day.
- Rumors and Rumblings: Kat’s back and ready to let us know what’s happening in the pro world.
- Lee Waldman has made it official, he’s a cyclocross racer.
- UVEX Boss Race Helmet Review: our reviewer takes this helmet into a crash with him and comes out without a scratch.
- Tour De Tires: while you might not be able to go to France to cheer on cyclocross’s Lars Boom and John Gadret, you can enjoy our Tour De Tires, as we’ll be rolling out (pun intended) 21 days of cyclocross tire reviews, aiming to surface a tire that would be appropriate for an off-road equivalent of the Tour stage that day.
- Are you in our Fantasy Tour de France 2011? Find out who’s “winning.”
- Our 2011-2012 Cyclocross Calendar will be posted soon, so keep an eye out for it if you want to start planning your season! Promoters, make sure to add in your event as soon as possible!
Have you subscribed yet? You're missing out if not. Get all-original content and your cyclocross fix throughout the year with a subscription and Issue 23 back copy, with features on Lars van der Haar, Jonathan Page, Elle Anderson and more!