This Week on Cyclocross Magazine: July 11
by Molly Hurford
Want to know what to look for on Cyclocross Magazine this week? Worried you might have missed something last week? Fear not, because we’ve got it all mapped out for you. Every Monday, we have a preview of what’s in store for the week, and we’ll let you know about some of the great articles that you might have missed last week. If there’s any story you’d like us to cover, any burning question you want answered, or any cool racer you’d like to hear from, let us know! Leave messages in the comments, find me on the Cowbell Forums or email molly [at] cxmagazine.com.
Keep Your Eyes Peeled This Week For:
- Tour De Tires: Looking for a new set of tires for the season? We’ve been rolling out (pun intended) 21 days of cyclocross tire reviews, aiming to surface a tire that would be appropriate for an off-road equivalent of the Tour stage that day.
- Rumors and Rumblings: this week, Kat is back and ready to let us know what’s happening in the pro world.
- Lee Waldman has more wisdom to share on Saturday.
You May Have Missed:
- Mechanical Mondays: How To Repair Tubular Tires. We’ve talked a lot about tires lately, and our Tour De Tires is happening now, so the timing couldn’t be better. Have some old punctured tires from last season? There may be hope after all. Several top notch mechanics chime in with their favorite tips and tricks.
- New Zealand hosts their third cyclocross championships.
In New Zealand, cyclocross season is happening now.
- Tour De Tires: while you might not be able to go to France to cheer on cyclocross’s Lars Boom and John Gadret, you can enjoy our Tour De Tires, as we’ll be rolling out (pun intended) 21 days of cyclocross tire reviews, aiming to surface a tire that would be appropriate for an off-road equivalent of the Tour stage that day.
- USGP shifts from Portland to Bend.
- Are you in our Fantasy Tour de France 2011? Find out who’s “winning.”
- Training Tuesday: this one is for men and women, but men might be more interested in learning about these stretches that can be used to avoid (ouch) groin injury.
- The Girl With The Cowbell Tattoo: a behind the scenes peak at the glitz and glamor of my job as online editor.
- Women’s Wednesday: Genevieve Whitson from New Zealand gets vocal about her thoughts on women in cycling and how the sport can be improved for the ladies.
- Paul Warlowski has a new column about regaining perspective after injury.
- Considering a bike fit? Read about Clifford Lee’s experience and how he thinks a bike fit is the fastest way to see performance improvement.
- Our 2011-2012 Cyclocross Calendar will be posted soon, so keep an eye out for it if you want to start planning your season! Promoters, make sure to add in your event as soon as possible!