This Week on Cyclocross Magazine: August 8
Want to know what to look for on Cyclocross Magazine this week? Worried you might have missed something last week? Fear not, because we’ve got it all mapped out for you. Every Monday, we have a preview of what’s in store for the week, and we’ll let you know about some of the great articles that you might have missed last week. If there’s any story you’d like us to cover, any burning question you want answered, or any cool racer you’d like to hear from, let us know! Leave messages in the comments, find me on the Cowbell Forums or email molly [at] cxmagazine.com.
Keep Your Eyes Peeled This Week For:
- Mechanical Mondays: how much glue should you leave on your tubular rims? We investigate.
- Newbie News: the benefits of signing up for a clinic pre-season can be impressive, and we look inside the Rutgers Cyclocross Clinic so you know what you can expect at a clinic.
- Collegiate Chronicles: ECCC Directors, Part II will showcase New England cyclocrosser Steven Hopengarten talking about the season on the Eastern seaboard for those of you still in school.
- The Girl With The Cowbell Tattoo: I finally have a successful weekend and see some real progress.
- In The Saddle With … another jack of all trades in the cycling world, this announcer, racer and organizer has done it all.
- Issue 13 is out and in mailboxes all over the country, but if you haven’t gotten it yet, we’ll be dropping clues as to what’s in it. If you don’t have it already, you can subscribe here. Do it fast though, because if you wait too long, you’ll miss out on receiving Issue 13!
- The race and event calendar is also posted, so if you’re a promoter, make sure that your race gets the attention that it deserves by adding it to the calendar on the form below the map.
You May Have Missed:
- Craig Richey shares his off-season exploits.
- Mechanical Mondays: Jeff Ernst talking about ways to “trim the fat” and cut weight off of your cyclocross bike.
- Take a behind the scenes look at the first USAC Cyclocross Development Camp for juniors. (Hint: they run stadium stairs. And also ride bikes.)
- Training Tuesday: it turns out cyclocross is good for your brain (who would have thought?) Researcher Don Yungher tells us why riding a ’cross course may be beneficial to our health. And here I thought we were all just crazy!
- Are Deep Section Rims Really Better in Mud? CXM Labs Puts Them to the Test (and enjoys getting muddy in the process.)
- The cyclocross scene sees some doping drama as reports pour in over Tom Vannoppen getting suspended for illegal substance use.
- Echelon Gran Fondo Gets Dirty in Oregon – PLUS Contest for Free Entries!
- Women’s Wednesday with Katherine Sherwin, who recently came in fourth, right behind Georgia Gould, in short course mountain bike nationals.
- In The Saddle with Geoff Proctor, a man who does pretty much everything in the cyclocross world, from working with the UCI and USA Cycling to running EuroCrossCamp to working on junior development in the US.
- Kat Statman, as always, is keeping us posted on the latest cyclocross dirt. (Pun emphatically intended.)
- Paul Warloski has another great column about when to follow a training plan and when to just go ride.
- Between race announcement, clinic announcements and team announcements, our Press Release section has been updated nearly daily, so if you’re looking for industry news, look no further.
Have you subscribed yet? You're missing out if not. Get all-original content and your cyclocross fix throughout the year with our killer print and digital magazine for less than 8 cents a day!