Want to know what to look for on Cyclocross Magazine this week? Worried you might have missed something last week? Fear not, because we’ve got it all mapped out for you. Every Monday, we have a preview of what’s in store for the week, and we’ll let you know about some of the great articles that you might have missed last week. If there’s any story you’d like us to cover, any burning question you want answered, or any cool racer you’d like to hear from, let us know! Leave messages in the comments, find me on the Cowbell Forums or email molly [at] cxmagazine.com.
Keep Your Eyes Peeled This Week For:
- The Mechanical Monday you’ve been waiting for: gluing tubular tires. (We know what we’re doing this weekend.)
- Training Tuesday: Nutrition and Endurance expert Matt Fitzgerald chats with us about cyclocross nutrition. Beer is mentioned several times. Read and find out why!
- The Girl With The Cowbell Tattoo is going to a bi-weekly format, to prevent carpal tunnel as well as race report ennui. Check back next week to find out how what I’ve been up to.
- In The Saddle With … if you read Lee Waldman’s column on Saturday, you know who the interviewee is!
- Issue 13 is out and in mailboxes all over the country, but if you haven’t gotten it yet, we’ll be dropping clues as to what’s in it. If you don’t have it already, you can subscribe here. Do it fast though, because if you wait too long, you’ll miss out on receiving Issue 13!
- Kat Statman will be regaling us with cyclocross gossip, including a win by Todd Wells at Leadville and the fact that the season is practically here.
- Paul Warloski has a column looking at his progress since his injury.
- A new columnist joins us to share his stories of being a New England cyclocrosser transplanted to Texas.
- The race and event calendar is also posted, so if you’re a promoter, make sure that your race gets the attention that it deserves by adding it to the calendar on the form below the map.
You May Have Missed:
- Mechanical Mondays: how much glue should you leave on your tubular rims? We investigate.
- Newbie News: the benefits of signing up for a clinic pre-season can be impressive, and we looked inside the Rutgers Cyclocross Clinic so you know what you can expect at a clinic.
- USA Cycling Elections are getting closer and we have our first candidate statement from Brook Watts, of Cross Vegas organizer fame.
- Collegiate Chronicles: ECCC Directors, Part II showcases New England cyclocrosser Steven Hopengarten talking about the season on the Eastern seaboard for those of you still in school.
- The Girl With The Cowbell Tattoo: I finally have a successful weekend and see some real progress.
- In The Saddle With John Gatch of Two John’s Podcast. This announcer, racer and organizer has done it all.
- Issue 13 is out, and now you can get a sneak peek at what’s in it!
- Race Promoters get some love when Joey Mullan targets them for interviews. The first is the promoter of the Cascade Cross series.
- New Product Spotlight: Clement’s Cyclocross Tubular Tire Technology and Upcoming MXP, USH Tires
- David Evans makes a triumphant (sort of) return from his long cycling trip to share his Cyclocross on the Cheap column with us. He’s also started helping us with our Twitter account (@cyclocross) and getting a lot of conversations started.
- Lee Waldman has a new column about wheels and the man who built them.
- Kat Statman, as always, is keeping us posted on the latest cyclocross dirt. (Pun emphatically intended.)
- Between race announcement, clinic announcements and team announcements, our Press Release section has been updated nearly daily, so if you’re looking for industry news, look no further.