The Kona boys are back! After back to back defeats in Kentucky, Ryan Trebon and Barry Wicks finished a convincing 1-2 in Saturday’s Redline Cup. Mountain bikers ruled the top four of the men’s race: Todd Wells showed he’s coming into form with a strong third place, Geoff Kabush charged through the field to take fourth, with Tim Johnson finishing a disappointing fifth. Denmark’s Joachim Parbo finished sixth ahead of Jeremy Powers who stacked it badly trying to hop a barrier.
Katie Compton continued her strong performance, dropping her competitors on the first lap and continuing to build upon the lead. Rachel Lloyd and Georgia Gould rode together in pursuit of compton, with Gould eventually dropping Lloyd. Kerry Barnholt and Portland’s Wendy Williams battled for fourth, with Barnholt winning in a sprint.
Photos by Mark Legg Images
1. Ryan Trebon, Kona/Yourkey.com
2. Barry Wicks, Kona/Yourkey.com
3. Todd Wells, GT
4. Geoff Kabush, Maxxis
5. Tim Johnson, Cannondale/Cyclocrossworld.com
1. Katie Compton, Spike Shooter
2. Georgia Gould, Luna
3. Rachel Lloyd, Proman/Paradigm
4. Kerry Barnholt, Tokyo Joe’s/Van Dessel
5. Wendy Williams, River City Bicycles