Specialized has been working on a new line of cyclocross tubular tires for several years now, and with input from riders like 2010 National Champion Todd Wells, it developed several prototypes last season. The Specialized Tracer cyclocross tire comes in three configurations: the 290tpi, 423g Tracer Tubular, the folding 282g Tracer Pro clincher, and the Tracer Sport wire bead clincher (weights are average of early prototypes, as measured by Cyclocross Magazine) . All three models are listed at 33c to fall within UCI regulations. Our early tubular versions measured out at 32c, and Specialized informed us that the production versions will have slightly larger casings.
Search the Cyclocross Magazine Archives
Support these CX-loving companies:
- Milin Balsara is now a member of Cyclocross Magazine
- John Mansell replied to Rob Jones's discussion Safer power meter option for cx?
- Brad Scharmann, mobygrape and Jonsey joined Cyclocross Magazine
- justin chan replied to justin chan's discussion FS: Salsa Chili Con Crosso Team Clif - 55CM
- Mathew Shimoko posted a discussion
- Mathew Shimoko updated their profile
- Kris Fleming replied to Rob Jones's discussion Safer power meter option for cx?
- Rob Jones posted a discussion
- Rob Jones replied to Martin Turek's discussion are people still using clincher CX tires
- Martin Turek replied to Martin Turek's discussion are people still using clincher CX tires
Support CXM during your normal shopping