Welcome to Part II of our “Director’s Cut” of the ECCC Cyclocross Program. We’ve talked to some of the behind-the-scenes workers who make the Eastern Collegiate Cycling Conference run so smoothly, especially during cyclocross. It’s certainly no easy task, since races aren’t strictly collegiate, and the calendar has to take location, size, elite fields and timing into consideration. It’s make even more difficult (or easy) this year since Nationals are now in January, right when most students will be on winter break. Because of this, the collegiate season will be extended well into December, which could affect students who would like to make it home for the holidays, but who are in contention for top spots in the conference. Last time, we heard from Drexel’s Joe Kopena and Tim Manzella. This week, we talk to Union College alum and New England cyclocrosser Steven Hopengarten.
Search the Cyclocross Magazine Archives
Support these CX-loving companies:
- John Mansell replied to Rob Jones's discussion Safer power meter option for cx?
- Brad Scharmann, mobygrape and Jonsey joined Cyclocross Magazine
- justin chan replied to justin chan's discussion FS: Salsa Chili Con Crosso Team Clif - 55CM
- Mathew Shimoko posted a discussion
- Mathew Shimoko updated their profile
- Kris Fleming replied to Rob Jones's discussion Safer power meter option for cx?
- Rob Jones posted a discussion
- Rob Jones replied to Martin Turek's discussion are people still using clincher CX tires
- Martin Turek replied to Martin Turek's discussion are people still using clincher CX tires
- Kit Cischke replied to Martin Turek's discussion are people still using clincher CX tires
Support CXM during your normal shopping