Because no one has written much on nutrition for cyclocross racers, we at Cyclocross Magazine decided to ask Fitzgerald for some cyclocross-specific advice. As ’crossers, we have interesting nutritional needs: we race in all types of temperatures and climates, we go hard for 45 minutes two days a week and then recover to do it all again and of course, we do love the beer tent. We’re a nutritional enigma, trying to eat healthy surrounded by waffle carts and chocolate-covered bacon and trying to stay svelte for a long season that often isn’t a racer’s main season is a challenge in and of itself. It gets even harder when racers’ schedules demand a lot of recovery and travel time, and little by way of long hours on the bike. Luckily, Fitzgerald had some tips for us.
Search the Cyclocross Magazine Archives
Support these CX-loving companies:
- brianhancock commented on Gary Olson's group Michigander Cross
- Autumn Ahlers posted a photo
- Autumn Ahlers updated their profile
- Frederick Hartray and Autumn Ahlers joined Cyclocross Magazine
- Stefano Tomasello posted a discussion
- Aaron replied to Aaron's discussion FS: Clement PDX tubular, new
- Justin Sorber replied to Nick Leggett's discussion Pair of Dugast Typhoon Tubular Tires 700c 30mm
- Scott Bosman, Justin Sorber and Viktor Vaughn joined Cyclocross Magazine
- justin chan posted a discussion
- richard radford replied to richard radford's discussion FELT F4X Frameset, SRM, parts, parts, parts...
Support CXM during your normal shopping