For Father’s Day, we wanted to take a second to give a shout-out to all the cyclocross and cycling fathers (mothers too!) out there who have taken the time to help their child (or grown adult) experience the joys of riding or racing a bike. After all, without Cyclocross Magazine’s Chief Cowbell Ringer Andrew Yee’s still-cycling father madly searching for affordable used kid’s bikes for him, converting his little 22″ wheel road bike to a track bike on a weekly basis, and literally pushing him up hills on family rides, there’s no way Cyclocross Magazine would exist today (read more about the background story via CXhairs’ interview). CXM’s Online gal Molly also credits her father with her early and recent cycling addiction. And so as further tribute to Father’s Day, we take a look at a cyclocross racing father and son, Nick and Donald Catlin. This father and son duo travels together for road and cyclocross season, even sleeping in a tent on top of their SUV together! Clearly, these two are close, and we wanted to hear from this dynamic duo about how they really feel about their close-knit relationship.
Search the Cyclocross Magazine Archives
Support these CX-loving companies:
- brianhancock commented on Gary Olson's group Michigander Cross
- Autumn Ahlers posted a photo
- Autumn Ahlers updated their profile
- Frederick Hartray and Autumn Ahlers joined Cyclocross Magazine
- Stefano Tomasello posted a discussion
- Aaron replied to Aaron's discussion FS: Clement PDX tubular, new
- Justin Sorber replied to Nick Leggett's discussion Pair of Dugast Typhoon Tubular Tires 700c 30mm
- Scott Bosman, Justin Sorber and Viktor Vaughn joined Cyclocross Magazine
- justin chan posted a discussion
- richard radford replied to richard radford's discussion FELT F4X Frameset, SRM, parts, parts, parts...
Support CXM during your normal shopping