Seattle-Based MFG Series Promises Non-cycling Competitions for Swag
The guys at Low Pressure Promotions are mixing it up with some unique prize award schemes. Get your dancing and competitive eating skills polished. Sandbaggers be warned that a fat prize is not guaranteed for your series domination. Official press release below.
September 5, 2009 – Seattle Based MFG Cyclocross Offers Unique Prize Distribution System
I’m sure you’ve read this statement before, but it’s absolutely true: Without sponsors, we would have no prizes to grant. Please take time to let our sponsors know how much you appreciate their support of MFG Cyclocross. We have three ways we’ll be distributing prizes for the MFG Cyclocross series.
Daily Prizes: uBRDO Kick Off Cross, Lincoln Park CX, Woodland Park GP
For these races, we’ll be awarding prizes 3-deep for the following six categories:
* Women Cat 4
* Women Cat 3
* Men Cat 3
* Elite Men
* Junior Boys 17-18
* Elite Men Bottom Three (last 3 to finish on the lead lap; this encourages fast Cat 3′s to move up)
Additionally, at the above-mentioned races, we’ll be doing one random prize drawing for all other categories.
Cross Clash: Random draw for custom cyclocross frame for the winning state.
* When Washington wins, Oregon framebuilder will build a lucky Washington racer a frame, determined by random draw from the pool of Cross Clash Washington racers
* If Oregon wins, Washington framebuidler will build a lucky Oregon racer a frame, determined by random draw from the pool of Cross Clash Oregon racers
Series Prizes: Category winners from all 25 categories will compete head-to-head for a trip to the prize table at our end-of-year party.
* There will be 25 super hot prizes on the table; we’re talking frames, wheels, shoes, etc.
- We will have a contest* amongst the 25 category winners to cue up the line, from pole position to 25th
- The Women’s Cat 4 series winner has an equal chance as the Men’s Cat 1 winner to be first through the line
- “Contest” may include dance-off, bowl-off, Nuun-off, Takeru Kobayshi-off: be prepared oh category winners.
- We will add an Elite U25 category for series prize only
MFG Cyclocross is proud to be supported by Raleigh USA, Nuun, Mavic, Brouwer’s CafÈ, uBRDO Cycle and Mountain Supply, Rapha, The Cycling House, Beyond Clothing, FAS, Black Diamond, Herriott Sports Performance, Izilla Toys, Cascade Bicycle Studio, Lazer Helmets, Chocolate #9 and VN Signs.
Have you subscribed yet? You're missing out if not. Get all-original content and your cyclocross fix throughout the year with a subscription and Issue 23 back copy, with features on Lars van der Haar, Jonathan Page, Elle Anderson and more!
Previous entry Mountain Bike World Championships Showcase ‘Cross Talent
Next entry New Wednesday Worlds Comes to Portland