Pro CX Standings: Powers Continues to Build Lead, Elle Anderson Retains Women’s Top Spot
The USA Cycling Professional Cyclo-cross Calendar (Pro CX) remained in top gear with a pair of races in Boulder, Colo. On Saturday, riders contested the Colorado Cross Classic before competing in the Boulder Cup on Sunday. Under ideal racing conditions, the competitors provided spectators with a memorable weekend of racing in Colorado.
Jeremy Powers (Easthampton, Mass./Rapha-Focus) won Sunday’s race after placing second on Saturday to increase his lead in the Pro CX men’s standings to 80 points. The new second-place rider in the standings is Ben Berden (BEL/Raleigh-Clement), who now has 338 points. Ryan Trebon (Bend, Ore./Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld.com) won Saturday’s race to help him remain tied for third place with Timothy Johnson (Topsfield, Mass./Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld.com). Trebon and Johnson have each collected 327 points to sit only 11 points behind Berden and 75 points ahead of Stephen Hyde (Edgartown, Mass./JAM Fun-NCC), who rounds out the top five with 252 points.
Elle Anderson (San Francisco, Calif./California Giant Berry Farms-Specialized) finished seventh in Saturday’s race to boost her season-long total to 311 points and remain atop the Pro CX women’s standings. Meredith Miller (Boulder, Colo./California Giant Berry Farms-Specialized) used a pair of top-five results over the weekend to jump from fourth last week into second place in this week’s standings with 303 points. Miller sits eight points behind Anderson and 13 points ahead of the third-place rider Gabriella Durrin (GBR/Rapha-Focus). Crystal Anthony (Beverly, Mass./Optum p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies) returned to the top five of the women’s standings, sliding into fourth place with 270 points, nine points ahead of Helen Wyman (GBR/Kona Factory Racing), who is sitting in fifth place with 261 points. Katie Compton (Colorado Springs, Colo./Trek Cyclocross Collective) won both of the races in Colorado to move into ninth place in the standings.
Without a juniors race on the calendar last weekend, the Pro CX juniors men’s standings are unchanged. Peter Goguen (Hopedale, Mass./Race Cf-Racecf.Org @Racecf) paces the group with 140 points while Austin Vincent (Simsbury, Conn./Race Cf-Racecf.org @Racecf) holds second place with 116 points. Raphael Auclair (CAN/Subway-Sigman-Pivot Cycles) is in third place with 88 points while Maxx Chance (Boulder, Colo./Clif Bar Development Cyclocross Team) sits in fourth place with 74 points. Noah Granigan (Cape May Court House, N.J./Race Cf-Racecf.org @Racecf) completes the top five with 70 points.
- Jeremy Powers (Easthampton, Mass./Rapha-Focus) — 418
- Ben Berden (BEL/Raleigh Clement) — 338
- Ryan Trebon (Bend, Ore./Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld.com) — 327
- Timothy Johnson (Topsfield, Mass./Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld.com) — 327
- Stephen Hyde (Edgartown, Mass./JAM Fund-NCC) — 252
- Elle Anderson (San Francisco, Calif./California Giant Berry Farms-Specialized) — 311
- Meredith Miller (Boulder, Colo./California Giant Berry Farms-Specialized) — 303
- Gabriella Durrin (GBR/Rapha-Focus) — 290
- Crystal Anthony (Beverly, Mass./Optum p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies) — 270
- Helen Wyman (GBR/Kona Factory Racing) — 261
Juniors Men’s Standings
- Peter Goguen (Hopedale, Mass./Race Cf-Racecf.Org @Racecf) — 140
- Austin Vincent (Simsbury, Conn./Race Cf-Racecf.Org @Racecf) — 116
- Raphael Auclair (CAN/Subway-Sigma-Pivot Cycles) — 88
- Maxx Chance (Boulder, Colo./Clif Bar Development Cyclocross Team) — 74
- Noah Granigan (Cape May Court House, N.J./Race Cf-Racecf.Org @Racecf) — 70
Have you subscribed yet? You're missing out if not. Get all-original content and your cyclocross fix throughout the year with a subscription and Issue 23 back copy, with features on Lars van der Haar, Jonathan Page, Elle Anderson and more!