The USA Cycling Professional Cyclo-cross Calendar (Pro CX) rolled into its second week of the 2013-14 slate as riders contested races on the east and west coasts of the country. Starcrossed: A Rapha Super Cross Event was on Saturday in Redmond, Wash., while Catamount Grand Prix 1 and 2 were contested on Saturday and Sunday in Williston, Vt.
After a pair of sixth-place finishes, Todd Wells (Durango, Colo./Specialized Racing) collected 36 points over the weekend, but his lead atop the Pro CX men’s standings shrunk to 11 points. Stephen Hyde (Edgartown, Mass./Northampton Cycling Club), who finished third on Sunday after placing fourth on Saturday added 49 points to close Wells’ advantage. Justin Lindine (New Salem, Mass./Redline-NBX) finished fourth and fifth in the two races in Vermont to boost his two-week total to 82 points, which places third in the standings. Lukas Winterberg (SUI/Muller Landscape-BH Bikes) holds fourth place with 77 points after finishing second on Saturday and seventh on Sunday. After winning Saturday’s race and placing second on Sunday, Timothy Johnson (Topsfield, Mass./Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld) rounds out the top five with 65 points.
Gabriella Durrin (GBR/Team Rapha-FOCUS) moved into the top spot of the Pro CX women’s standings after winning Saturday’s race in Washington to add 35 points to her two-week total. Day now has 88 points, which is 13 points ahead of Arley Kemmerer (Saylorsburg, Pa./C3-Twenty20 Cycling Co.), who holds second place with 75 points. Helen Wyman (GBR/Kona Factory Team), who topped the season-ending Pro CX women’s standings last year, stormed into third place of this year’s calendar. Wyman won both of the women’s races in Vermont to collect 70 points and move into third place after two weeks. Laura van Gilder (Cresco, Pa./Mellow Mushroom) slipped from the top spot into fourth place with 65 points, five points ahead of Maghalie Rochette (CAN/Cyclocrossworld.com), who is in fifth place with 60 points.
1. Todd Wells (Durango, Colo./Specialized Racing) — 106
2. Stephen Hyde (Edgartown, Mass./Northampton Cycling Club) — 95
3. Justin Lindine (New Salem, Mass./Redline-NBX) — 82
4. Lukas Winterberg (SUI/Muller Landscape-BH Bikes) — 77
5. Timothy Johnson (Topsfield, Mass./Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld) — 65
1. Gabriella Day (GBR/Team Rapha-FOCUS) — 88
2. Arley Kemmerer (Saylorsburg, Pa./C3-Twenty20 Cycling Co.) — 75
3. Helen Wyman (GBR/Kona Factory Racing) — 70
4. Laura Van Gilder (Cresco, Pa./Mellow Mushroom) — 65
5. Maghalie Rochette (CAN/Cyclocrossworld.com) — 60