(Boulder, Colo) August 24, 2009 – With two of America’s top cycling events planned during Interbike week in Las Vegas, it’s a perfect opportunity to recognize riders who can excel in both cyclocross and criterium racing. Double Down at the Mandalay Bay is designed to do just that.
Double Down at Mandalay Bay recognizes those riders with a vacation prize to the top men and women riders who compete in both CrossVegas scheduled September 23rd and the USA CRITS Finals scheduled September 24th.
“The Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino is proud to be a part of the two largest cycling events to hit Las Vegas,” stated Scott Voeller Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino VP of Marketing. “We think the Double Down prize is a great way to reward the athletes who are consistent at both CrossVegas and The USA Crits Finals.”
In 2008 the Double Down at Mandalay Bay was captured by Adam Meyerson in the men’s category and Katie Compton in the women’s category. The two racers combined strong finishes in both CrossVegas and the USA CRITS Final to take the vacation packages.
- Riders will be awarded points based on their finish in each event.
- Rider with highest cumulative points total at conclusion of USA CRITS Finals will be the winner
- Prizes will be a Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino Vacation package for each of the overall winners
- In the case of a tie, the rider with the highest placing at USA CRITS Finals will be the winner
- CrossVegas is Wednesday, September 23rd beginning at 6:00 at the Desert Breeze Soccer Complex located 6 miles from The Strip.
- The USA CRITS Finals is Thursday, September 24th beginning at 5:30 pm at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino.
- 2 nights stay at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino
- 2 tickets to a current show
- Dinner for 2 at one of the top restaurants at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino
- Spa access during the stay
- Full access to night clubs
The Awards Ceremony
Riders will be recognized during the awards ceremony following the USA CRITS Finals.
For more info:
USA Crit Finals: finals.usacrits.com