Does "previously unpublished" mean "never posted anywhere else on the internet before" or does it just exclude news-y type websites? Basically, can entries from a personal blog be entered?
Contributor Contest: Submit a Race Report or Video, Win a KHS CX300 Cyclocross Bike!
Win this KHS CX-300 cyclocross bike!
Cyclocross Magazine’s goal is to provide compelling content for all cyclocrossers and cyclocross fans. As a tiny operation, one way we are able to do this is via race report and content submissions from the cyclocross community, from readers like you. We value covering local race scenes and individual perspectives, and although we can’t afford to have reporters in all areas, passionate cyclocrossers, photographers and videographers help us showcase cyclocross beyond the UCI-point chasing scene.
KHS Bicycles values Cyclocross Magazine’s community-contributed content, and has generously offered up its brand-new, race-worthy and versatile CX-300 cyclocross bike to handsomely reward one lucky contributor through the KHS Bicycles’ Contributor Prize contest. Feature your local race scene by submitting an original race report or original video, and this bike may be yours.
How does it work? From now through January 15, 2012, simply submit an original race report or video to shine the light on a race or your local race scene for your chance to win the Rival-equipped KHS CX-300, valued at $1799. It’s that simple. Represent your local scene, get kudos from your community and win this new bike as a reward!
Go the extra mile to include quotes, photos (with the photographer’s permission), videos, and race results for more chances to win. Reader favorites (as measured by views, Tweets, Facebook Likes) will receive extra entries, so show off your entry! Want to geek out and really impress us? Check out our race report tips. Enter as many times as you’d like to increase your chances of winning. See the official rules and instructions below.
About KHS Bicycles: KHS Bicycles is dedicated to grass-roots cyclocross and believes in the power of Cyclocross Magazine’s community-contributed content. The bicycle company has been selling high-quality, high-value bicycles in the States without fanfare or ProTour team sponsorship costs since 1974, and knows something about focusing on cycling’s participants over its elite.
About Cyclocross Magazine: Cyclocross Magazine is the only website and print and digital magazine dedicated to all things cyclocross. With daily cyclocross news, race reports, interviews, product reviews and racer diaries, it’s your one destination for your daily, year ’round cyclocross fix. The print and digital magazine, with its in-depth interviews, stories, original reporting, objective, detailed bike reviews and famous CXM Labs myth-busting tests, is most often described as “the one cycling magazine worth subscribing to.” And we have to point out, subscriptions to CXM are less than a race entry fee at just $20.
How to Enter:
- Submit an original, unpublished race report or original video covering your local races or race scene before January 15, 2012.
- Race report submissions (250 words or longer) should be emailed to [email protected] with “KHS Contest Race Report” in the subject line
- Unpublished Video entries (30 seconds or longer, no larger than 2gb) should be uploaded directly to here: https://www.box.net/signup/collablink/d_121646559/111326a256945d with the race name and your name in the filename.
- Once report or video is submitted, fill out this form to provide your contact information (also embedded below): http://bit.ly/winkhscx300
- Each report or video entry receives 5 entries to win the KHS CX300 bike.
- Bonus entries are given for each of the following:
- A .csv of race results attached
- Quotes from racers
- Photo submissions with photographer credit and permission
- IPTC captions in the photos
- A mention or appearance of Cyclocross Magazine within a video
- Top reports and videos as measured by views and social sharing will receive an additional five entries!
The Fine Print:
1. Who can enter:
- No purchase necessary. US-only, void where prohibited
- Contributor cannot be paid by Cyclocross Magazine or compensated by the race promoter within 2011 or 2012.
2. Entries must be original, unpublished content. Supplemental photos or music must either be royalty-free, Creative Commons or the entrant must have explicit, written permission to allow entrant and Cyclocross Magazine to use such content (with credit)
3. Contestant must have a free Cowbell profile: http://cowbell.cxmagazine.com
4. Cyclocross Magazine claims no ownership of submissions but reserves the right to be the exclusive publisher of any submission for six months from the date of submission. Reports and photos may be edited before publishing. Videos may be published via our Youtube or Vimeo channel and may be edited for consistency.
Have you subscribed yet? You're missing out if not. Get all-original content and your cyclocross fix throughout the year with a subscription and Issue 23 back copy, with features on Lars van der Haar, Jonathan Page, Elle Anderson and more!