US Racer Recap: World Championships 2014
Maxx Chance at Cyclocross Worlds in Hoogerheide. © Thomas Van Bracht
Read the full report here: Thijs Aerts Wins Junior Men’s Race, Belgians Sweep Podium at UCI Cyclocross World Championships 2014
- 26th: Maxx Chance finished top American and tweeted a short race report, saying, “Okay start. Moved into top 15. Flipped over the metal fencing first lap. Not in top 15. Rode strong and passed a bunch of people.”
- 29th: Cooper Willsey was pleased with his result and tweeted, post-race, “With my season wrapped up I am very happy with how it went. I was able to finish off with a strong result in my first Worlds.”
- 30th: Austin Vincent fundraised for Worlds with Willsey, so it was nice to see the two finish right next to each other.
- 42nd: Peter Goguen was caught in the crazy crash right off the line and unfortunately, the freshly-crowned 17-18 National Champion never recovered.
- DNS: Gavin Haley had an accident on a training ride earlier in the week in Belgium and broke ribs and collapsed a lung, and couldn’t take to the start line.
For more World Championship interviews, commentary, predictions and contests, check out our Worlds 2014 page here.