Sportif Coaching Group has announced the Mid-Atlantic’s “Sportif Cross Cup” cyclocross series as well as dates and series details. The series kicks off on September 8 at the Fort Ritchie Cyclocross Challenge in Cascade, Maryland and will wrap up at the MABRA and DC/Maryland/Delaware State Championships at Taneytown Cross on December 1st in Taneytown, Maryland.
Series directors are thrilled to again have the support of Champion System, who will provide leaders jerseys for eight distinct categories as well as BikeReg.com who will provide race registration services. Additional series sponsors include Bob’s Red Mill, NutraSport Sports Pharmacy and Nutrition Center, Hunt’s End Remodeling and SRAM.
The series has also shaken up the tradition race categories with an optional Cat 5 only race to start the day, a Men’s Cat 1/2/3/4 45+ race which will include a subset of Cat 3/4 45+ participants for a series competition and year end winner’s jersey, and allowing the Men Cat 4/5’s to sleep in and race the final race of the day.
Returning for 2013 will be series scoring provided by Crossresults.com as well as race registration and results management with RaceDay Event Software. Each paid Sportif Cross Cup series race entry will also receive ONE chance to win a set of Zipp Firecrest 303 Tubular wheels, courtesy of the SRAM and ZIPP. The winner will have the option of the standard Firecrest 303 Tubular or the new Firecrest 303 Tubular Disc-brake. The more you race, the more chances you have to win!
Visit sportifcrosscup.com for the latest information.
- September 8: Fort Ritchie Cyclocross Challenge, Cascade, MD
- September 15: South Germantown Cross, South Germantown, MD
- October 5: Psycho Cross, Sykesville, MD
- October 12: Seneca Creek Cyclocross, Gaithersburg, MD
- October 27: AACX, Davidsonville, MD
- November 2: Patapsco Cross, Mt. Airy, MD
- November 16: All Hallows Cross, Hughsville, MD
- December 1: Taneytown Cross, Taneytown, MD (MABRA and DC/MD/DE State Championships)
Race Day Schedule:
- 8:15am – Cat 5 Open (Promoter’s Discretion)
- 8:45am – Course Open
- 9:00am – Juniors 15-18 Women
- 9:01am – Juniors 10-14 Men
- 9:02am – Juniors 10-14 Women
- 9:45am – Cat 3/4 Men 35+
- 10:45am – Cat 3/4 Men
- 10:46am – Juniors 15-18 Open
- 11:45am – Masters 1/2/3/4 45+
- 11:46am – Masters 1/2/3/4 55+
- 11:47am – Single Speed OPEN (Promoter’s Discretion)
- 12:45pm – Course Open
- 1:00pm – Cat 1/2 Women
- 1:01pm – Cat 3 Women
- 1:02pm – Cat 4 Women
- 2:00pm – Cat 1/2/3 Men
- 2:01pm – Masters 1/2/3 35+
- 3:15pm – Cat 4/5 Men