BERKELEY, CA – Bay Area cyclists are in for a special treat this weekend with two days of fundraising festivities at the upcoming 2010 NorCal CycleFest, regarded by many as the Bay Area’s cycling social event of the season, November 6-7th in Mill Valley. Mary McConneloug will be the guest host for this year’s event. On Saturday evening, November 6th, starting at 5 p.m., is the main event: a gala dinner featuring a silent and a live auction at the Mill Valley Community Center, 180 Camino Alto. The main auction items include a host of highly desirable mountain biking must-haves:
- Ride and race all your favorite singletrack trails: [Trek Fuel EX 9.7] ($3,700 value)
- Outstanding cross-country all-rounder: [Santa Cruz Nickel RXC] ($2,600 value)
- Clear off-road obstacles with grace: [Specialized Camber Expert] ($2,200 value)
- Ride roads with speed and style: [2011 Specialized Tarmac Elite Apex]
($2000 value—and a big thanks to Mike’s Bikes!)
- Four-day mountain bike adventure for two with [Western Spirit Cycling Adventures] in Utah’s beautiful White Rim Canyonlands National park ($1790 value).
- Four nights stay in a Tahoe City cabin, includes three bottles of high end wine ($1500 value)
- Entry to the all-mountain Downieville Mountain Bike Race and Festival, July 8-10, 2011, courtesy of Fox Racing Shox and the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship.
- Food and wine pairing for a party of six at the Clif Family Winery and Farm.
Bike Monkey journalist Yuri Hauswald will interview the event’s special guest Mary McConnleoug and her husband Mike Broderick. With this mix of personalities, the evening is sure to be filled with wry, humorous and intellectual takes on the contemporary mountain biking
Sunday’s private mountain bike ride features Kenda/Seven pro riders Mary McConneloug and Mike Broderick.
The CycleFest schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, November 6th: Benefit dinner, silent and live auctions, hosted by Mary McConneloug at the Mill Valley Community Center
- Sunday, November 7th: Scenic mountain bike ride, and lunch, in Marin with Mary McConneloug and Mike Broderick.
Proceeds from the ticket sales go to supporting the Northern California High School Cycling League, so be sure to purchase one for your friend/spouse/partner too! Regular tickets are $150.00 and Patron tickets, which include a cocktail hour with Mary, are $200.00. All tickets are available online at http://www.norcalmtb.org/events/cyclefest/.
**What**: Highly desirable auction items for cyclists at the Bay Area’s two-wheeled social event of the year, the NorCal High School Cycling League CycleFest featuring cycling celebrities, silent and live auctions, banquet.
**Where**: Marin County, California
**When**: November 6 and 7th, 2010
**Who**: Mary McConneloug
**Why**: Benefit for the Northern California High School Cycling League.
- The NorCal High School Cycling League, founded in 2000, is a non-profit organization open to students from both public and private schools. The League provides coaching and camaraderie to help students achieve both competitive and non-competitive cross-country mountain biking goals and comprises the easiest route for youth to get involved in the challenging and exciting world of competitive cycling. Each season includes a fall Leader’s Summit for coaches, winter riding camps, the five-race series, and a variety of summer camps. The League exists by virtue of a range of fundraising activities as well as generous donors and sponsors including the founding sponsor of the SoCal League, Easton Foundations; the founding national sponsor, Specialized Bicycle Components, as well as SRAM, Trek Bicycles, Clif Bar and Co., Fox Racing Shox, Creation Engine, GU Sports, Mike’s Bikes, NCNCA, Primal Wear, Santa Cruz Bicycles, Shimano, Touchstone Climbing Gyms, Mellow Johnny’s, CamelBak, Dirt Rag, Feedback Sports and Mountain Bike Action. For more information on the League visit www.norcalmtb.org or call 510.524.5464.