Shawnee, Kansas, Hosts Cyclocross Clinic
Sat., Sept. 11, at Herman Laird Park in Shawnee, KS. 10am – 4pm.
Cyclocross requires a unique blend of skills and fitness unlike other cycling disciplines. The right skills can make the difference at crucial moments in a race. These skills are not expressly limited to on-the-bike abilities. Proper preparation ranging from the pre-race meal to tire pressure can also dictate your results. Source Endurance and KCCX/ Verge p/b Challenge Tires is hosting a one day, all day cyclocross clinic that will provide comprehensive instruction to help you learn the art and technique of cyclocross and hone your skills.
- Morning and afternoon sessions with lunch and refreshments provided.
- Small classes instructed by:
- Bill Marshall: KCCX/ Verge pb Challenge Tires director sportif; national director of marketing and sponsorship of Challenge Tires
- Adam Mills: Source Endurance senior coach; CX Nationals 2008: 9th place, Masters 30-34
- Tom Price: CX Nationals 2009: 4th place, Masters 45-49; USGP: 2nd Overall Masters 40+
- Joe Schmalz: Euro Cross Camp 2009, USGP: Multiple podium placings.
- Shadd Smith: CX Nationals 2009: 10th place, Masters 35-39
- Demonstration and additional support provided by KCCX/ Verge pb Challenge Tires and Spin it Up.
- Cost $25 per adult, $10 per Junior.
- Mounting and dismounting the bike
- Carving lines through all types of turns
- Training techniques specific to CX
- Course pre-ride/ race strategy
Lunch provided. Demo team bikes and Spin it Up.
- Tire selection and setup for all course conditions
- Pre-race protocol and clothing selection
- Setting up your bike like the pros
- Starting! Live fire exercise.
- Concluding with a “pre-season” race and Q &A
This is a rain or shine event. IT’S ’CROSS!
Have you subscribed yet? You're missing out if not. Get all-original content and your cyclocross fix throughout the year with a subscription and Issue 23 back copy, with features on Lars van der Haar, Jonathan Page, Elle Anderson and more!
Previous entry Pedro’s Announces Return to Racing With Elite ’Cross Team
Next entry Georgia Cross Series Announces 2010 Schedule