Shawnee, Kansas, Hosts Cyclocross Clinic
Sat., Sept. 11, at Herman Laird Park in Shawnee, KS. 10am – 4pm.
Cyclocross requires a unique blend of skills and fitness unlike other cycling disciplines. The right skills can make the difference at crucial moments in a race. These skills are not expressly limited to on-the-bike abilities. Proper preparation ranging from the pre-race meal to tire pressure can also dictate your results. Source Endurance and KCCX/ Verge p/b Challenge Tires is hosting a one day, all day cyclocross clinic that will provide comprehensive instruction to help you learn the art and technique of cyclocross and hone your skills.
- Morning and afternoon sessions with lunch and refreshments provided.
- Small classes instructed by:
- Bill Marshall: KCCX/ Verge pb Challenge Tires director sportif; national director of marketing and sponsorship of Challenge Tires
- Adam Mills: Source Endurance senior coach; CX Nationals 2008: 9th place, Masters 30-34
- Tom Price: CX Nationals 2009: 4th place, Masters 45-49; USGP: 2nd Overall Masters 40+
- Joe Schmalz: Euro Cross Camp 2009, USGP: Multiple podium placings.
- Shadd Smith: CX Nationals 2009: 10th place, Masters 35-39
- Demonstration and additional support provided by KCCX/ Verge pb Challenge Tires and Spin it Up.
- Cost $25 per adult, $10 per Junior.
- Mounting and dismounting the bike
- Carving lines through all types of turns
- Training techniques specific to CX
- Course pre-ride/ race strategy
Lunch provided. Demo team bikes and Spin it Up.
- Tire selection and setup for all course conditions
- Pre-race protocol and clothing selection
- Setting up your bike like the pros
- Starting! Live fire exercise.
- Concluding with a “pre-season” race and Q &A
This is a rain or shine event. IT’S ’CROSS!
Have you subscribed yet? You're missing out if not. Get all-original content and your cyclocross fix throughout the year with our killer print and digital magazine for less than 8 cents a day!
Previous entry Pedro’s Announces Return to Racing With Elite ’Cross Team
Next entry Georgia Cross Series Announces 2010 Schedule